• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Zyprexa Withdrawl

S

ShanYin

I've been off Zyprexa for just over a month. I didn't wean off or inform anybody. I was on 20 MG at night.

Does anybody have information about withdrawls or anything related?

J

Jericho

Bad move ShanYin, coming off straight induces a serious risk of rebound psychosis, if your coming off psych meds, you should always wean yourself off.

bert tomato

bert tomato

I had real bad nausea for about 3-4 months after I came off. However I perserved and got rid of that crappy drug. You can always re-taper (thats what I did). The nausea goes if you take a tablet now and again. How long were you on it for??

buzzrap

buzzrap

S.E., U.S.A. Have lived in Japan and the Panama ca
I was taking that med for a few years or so before I changed to risperdal which I found to work better and I also got a bit of my personality back . I had no withdrawl symptoms and was not even warned about any but I have stoped useing street drugs cold turkey and that wasn't even that bad and smoking and drinking as well both around the same time.

M

mydumbname

I was switched from zyprexa to serequel straight swap no side effects but like Jericho said you shouldn't stop these drugs like that unless switching meds because of the danger of rebound psychosis...

S

ShanYin

Granted... bad move. For the person who asked I think I was on them for a few months. Before that I have been off and on them a few times for like the same period.

What's your advice now?

S

ShanYin

I have many 5 mg doses.

Perhaps if I feel like crap for a while take them int he morning to balance out. ?