• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

zuclopenthixol? depot injection

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

I've just been put on the zuclopenthixol injection. Has anyone else been on it?

chesterking

chesterking

I've just been put on the zuclopenthixol injection. Has anyone else been on it?
I'm thinking of having an injection because my tablets are being tampered with. What does a depot injection feel like? My mother said it made her very drowsy in comparison to tablets, is this true? But that was a long time ago.

S

seriouslydisturbed

I've been on Zuclopenthixol, didn't like it. I've never liked any medication, i'm on Depixol now and that sucks too.

fazza

fazza

Yes I was on 300mg of clopixol. It gave me moderate restlesness. It worked well for me but I found Haloperidol depot better so far

fazza

fazza

I'm thinking of having an injection because my tablets are being tampered with. What does a depot injection feel like? My mother said it made her very drowsy in comparison to tablets, is this true? But that was a long time ago.
I have been on various depots over the last 4 years. I believe my tablets are posioned so i would not take them. Yes they do make you drowsy but no more than when you take tablets.

I never have a problem with remembering to take my medication now as i am visited at home every 2 weeks by my c.p.n.

Also you hardly feel the needle going in so dont worry about that

T

thrill

It depends what the drug is.

I over the years have been on these.

tablets
Chlorpromazine
Risperidone
Seroquel
Quetiapine

Injection
Acuphase (when sectioned)
Depixol
Paliperidone

I can say for me that Paliperidone is the least drowsy. but the drug costs a fortune for the NHS.

Abbierad92

Abbierad92

Haven't had the injection yet but thanks guys helps a lot x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Passionflower Schizophrenia Forum 4