• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Zopliclone 7.5mg

Mollypoppy

Mollypoppy

Sleeping aid???? I have the aid but the sleeping isn’t working,anyone else used or use this medication?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Zopiclone didn’t help me in the slightest. I’m now on temazepam 10mg which works for me, but if I use it 3 nights in a row it stops working. So I only try and use it twice a week. Plus you get the hangover feeling with it, which puts me off using it.

Mollypoppy

Mollypoppy

Hey daffy,I was put on temazepam,10mg,couldn’t even feel I’d taken it,def didn’t do anything for my condition,Zopiclone isn’t working either,yes,I fall asleep around a hour n bit after taking it,knocks me out,for ten minutes,then wide awake,I’m up n down rest of nite,slowly dreading bedtime these days,I’m glad u got bit relief with the temazepam,I think a good,restful nites sleep make a bit of a difference,I just need to go look for my sleepy part,hope ur well today 💜

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
I take 7.5mg Zopiclone and most of the time it works. I don’t sleep all night but, when I wake up, it doesn’t take long to get back to sleep again. I do feel groggy the next morning.

I had to really fight to get prescribed it and only get 14 tabs every 8 weeks but that’s another story.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
If I can get 5 hours without waking I think it’s a decent sleep, but like others I tend to wake a lot usually every hour and half. I get 14 tabs a month but don’t always take them cos of the after effects. I also take lorazepam for anxiety at night( not every night) Co’s I suffer myolonic jerks which can be quite violent and that relaxes the muscles. And I find I get a more rested sleep when I take that.

G

Girl interupted

I have chronic insomnia and have been on one form of sleeping pill since 2001.

I now take zopiclone, but like any narcotic, it can be addictive.

You will have to test what dosage works best. There is a 5mg and a 7.5mg version.

I find it works best with a low dose of melatonin, which you can get in the vitamin aisle.

I took quetapine for seven years on its own as a sleeping pill. It had the added benefit of tackling anxiety. But I started to have a reaction to it after long term use. So I was changed to zopiclone.

Since then I have found a balance of half a 7.5mg zopiclone, 5mg of melatonin, and 1/4 of a 25mg quetapine for sleep each night. This lets me take the lowest dose possible, quieten my insomniac brain and not feel like I’m in a total fog the next day.

Everyone is different. This took me five years to find the right combo. And what works for me may not for you.

Try the melatonin and see if it helps with the zopiclone. It’s a natural hormone in your brain so there are no contraindications with the prescribed med.

Good luck, it may take some time to find out what works best for your body’s chemistry.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I couldn't stand the morning metallica taste that it leaves you with
I'm on zolpidem now and that's really good

Mollypoppy

Mollypoppy

Hey,I was on 30mg of metrazapine,doctor has put it up to 45mg,I’ve got them but doc recommended I take Zopiclone 7.5 till I see her again,which is Thursday,I’m tempted to take the 45mg and no Zopiclone,I’m struggling x

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
I was taking this last year. The first few prescriptions it sent me to sleep but after a while it stopped working. I don't take anything anymore but I have been sleeping well since starting work.

P

Pigsyjug

Zopiclone worked for me...waking up and functioning the next day however. ...not so much! 😲

Mollypoppy

Mollypoppy

Hey,I’m complete opposite,don’t help me at all and I don’t feel hungover either,having said that,I do have some severe hangovers in my past to compare the feeling to,nope,def no hangover effect,I just want to b able to sleep n stay asleep,even for 2 solid hours,would help immensely

G

Girl interupted

Zopiclone worked for me...waking up and functioning the next day however. ...not so much! 😲
Try reducing the amount you take and adding in 3mgs of melatonin. The melatonin seems to be key for me. When I was just on the zopiclone and didn’t take the melatonin I’d wake up mid way through the night. And I found the fog was less when I halved the 7.5, but it still worked with the melatonin added.

P.S. I did this reduction under supervision of my doctor. She was the one who suggested cutting it in half to see if it helped with the foggy feeling, ask your doc if you plan on trying that, first, too.

P

Pigsyjug

Thanks #Girl Interrupted

Good call I will mention that next time I am perscribed.

S

Sazzie

I think the way Zopiclone works is by putting you to sleep quickly, but not necessarily making you sleep right through the night.
I used to take it and go out like a light, but actually started to abuse it and take it in the day to numb my feelings.
I remember it also used to make me really hungry . I would take it then think about food and I would start raiding the fridge before falling asleep.
It used to make me feel drunk and I would also call people and have a conversation and not realise what I’d talked about in the morning.
I became immune to them really quickly but as I say when I first took them I slept so well.
It’s really strange how they aren’t making you sleepy.
I hope you find a better alternative not sleeping is the worst thing as everything seems so magnified and feelings so raw, things are never as bad after a good nights sleep.

G

Girl interupted

I think the way Zopiclone works is by putting you to sleep quickly, but not necessarily making you sleep right through the night.
I used to take it and go out like a light, but actually started to abuse it and take it in the day to numb my feelings.
I remember it also used to make me really hungry . I would take it then think about food and I would start raiding the fridge before falling asleep.
It used to make me feel drunk and I would also call people and have a conversation and not realise what I’d talked about in the morning.
I became immune to them really quickly but as I say when I first took them I slept so well.
It’s really strange how they aren’t making you sleepy.
I hope you find a better alternative not sleeping is the worst thing as everything seems so magnified and feelings so raw, things are never as bad after a good nights sleep.
I was like that with zolpidem, but not zopiclone. Funny how meds affect everyone differently.

W

Wildfire

I was given it a few years ago, it didn't help at all really. The only thing I got was that the day after I felt terrible. I was just really drowsy during the day. When I did sleep, it was pretty bad quality sleep.

D

dewey

It didn't help me sleep, and gave me horrible side effects.

Mollypoppy

Mollypoppy

Yeh,it’s no pleasant is it,kinda get used to it after a while,it’s the sickness n upset tummy I find difficult,as in the recent past I had colostomy,so anything to do with gut is a no no,find antisickness and omaprazole help a bit,sometimes you gotta outway the pros n cons,my mental health comes first oh n my sobriety 🙃🤪