• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Zolpidem sleeping tablets and insomnia...

A

anyajp

Zolpidem hypnotics (also known as stilnoct) are very good for calming you down, working through insomnia and getting you to sleep. I take one 10mg pill twice a week before bed and it seems to do the trick, although it has made me a bit hungry into the early hours.

D

Doggo

The bad thing about sleeping aids(even otc sleep aids), is that your body grows dependant on them. I sometimes take otc sleep aids(like Z Quill) and if I stop taking them, it'll make me stay up all night.

A

anyajp

I agree with you doggo that you grow dependant on sleeping aids...I find that with my usual anti psychotic meds too! :(