• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Zoloft

S

SuzieRad

Hi there. I am new to this forum and from South Africa. So I have been on 25mg Zoloft for approx 6 years nowfor GAD/Panic. It has worked beautifully until about 3 weeks ago. I am going through a divorce I do not want. This is causing me the feel anxious. My GP increased my zoloft to 50 mg. Currently in week 3 and feel anxious and nervous still. How long before I can expect anything from this med? Or should I change to something like Lexapro? Sorry guys I just need to heal and get better so that I can work through this divorce and move on in life. Any advise? :(

L

Lewis21

Hi there. I am new to this forum and from South Africa. So I have been on 25mg Zoloft for approx 6 years nowfor GAD/Panic. It has worked beautifully until about 3 weeks ago. I am going through a divorce I do not want. This is causing me the feel anxious. My GP increased my zoloft to 50 mg. Currently in week 3 and feel anxious and nervous still. How long before I can expect anything from this med? Or should I change to something like Lexapro? Sorry guys I just need to heal and get better so that I can work through this divorce and move on in life. Any advise? :(
Hi and welcome. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. My daughter is on sertraline (zoloft) I asked her thoughts on your question and she felt it took about a month once her dose was increased before she felt any benefit. As I've been advised talk to someone you trust about your feelings, and keep talking ( I really need to do this myself) . If you still are struggling speak to the doctors. Good luck x

S

SuzieRad

Thank you. I will give it this week still. Doctor has given me ativan but I am shit scared of them. it is just it feels that this week it is worse than last week (maybe just me). I want to eat I am so hungry but everytime I try i want to run to the bathroom. :(

L

Lewis21

Thank you. I will give it this week still. Doctor has given me ativan but I am shit scared of them. it is just it feels that this week it is worse than last week (maybe just me). I want to eat I am so hungry but everytime I try i want to run to the bathroom. :(
That's the trouble with anxiety you can't tell if it's the meds or the anxiety that's causing the bathroom issues. Hope it settles soon for you x

S

SuzieRad

Exactly. I dont know which one it is. I did speak to my doc on monday and she said to power through this week. Today has just been a bad day. :( Thank you so much for your words.x

L

Lewis21

Exactly. I dont know which one it is. I did speak to my doc on monday and she said to power through this week. Today has just been a bad day. :( Thank you so much for your words.x
You are always welcome, I know how it is to feel constant anxiety . Message me anytime x