• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

zoloft

T

trainwreck

is any one takeing zoloft, i could do with some feed back , im on cymbalta now it just hold.,s you together an i mean just, i start zoloft ater chrismas.why after chrismas you may asy . well most a.d dont work for me an if they do only a short time .so the cym is just holding me now so i want to have at least this much for the wife an kids at chrismas, then i will take whatever comes, prozac i had the longest recestion with an zoloft works on the serotonin a bit like prozac,so tell me how your getting on with zoloft good or bad:unsure::unsure::unsure:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Not heard of it but I changed from cymbalta to citalopram and the difference has been immence. Personally I think Cymbalta is horrible stuff that did not work for me! Good luck

T

trainwreck

citalopram

thanks i will look it up what do you use it for

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Depression mainly anxiety to... had therepy to and to be honest I think ts the combination that has got me on a more level field!

T

trainwreck

CBT

:unsure:I START CBT THERAPY IN JAN .i will give it my best shot nothing to loose

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
ITs worth it.. I was a big sceptic and could not really see is workin but 6 months later I am still here still have lots of bad thoughts but they are more controlled and managable

M

matt

I am on effexor, have been on celexa, welbutran and prozac (I think, maybe lexapro) and tranquilizers. I have never been to a shrink about my issues, I had very bad experiences with them during marriage counseling where I found no help at all and a lack of the shrink seeing both sides. I think it is more the area I live in and the lack of good shrinks rather than all shrinks in general.

M

matt

What i find is meds do help me , they do help get rid of the gray cloud and ball and chain that comes with my condition. They also dull you to life, I find it hard to describe, It is tough to put into words. I guess when the gray cloud and ball and chain are gone, I expect a normal world, and yet it is rather lacking in " The color of life" or to say life lacks a certain "feel". I do smile and laugh much more on my meds and I am more outgoing in life .
If I happen to miss a dose in the morning the day becomes rather trying, I get dizzy, lack energy and have blurred vision.....that reminds me ...time to take it!

T

trainwreck

your right about the shrinks buddy ,in england you get what your given , shit mostly, my wife rang today to see if i could start a new med ,the day after christmas as i asked to hold off till the kids an grankids had there day without me pukeing up all day on new drugs, an he said no wait tll i go to see him jan 12 th the bastard i start c. b.t therapy 3 days later:mad:

jdoe123

jdoe123

cym

cymbalta made me sick and it didn,t work....I was on it when I tried to commit suicide and ended up in the hospital. I had horrible migraines when I stopped taking it..

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Sounds similar to my story Jo ..... apart from I was not admitted. Horrid stuff cymbalta.

!

jdoe123

jdoe123

week

well i ended up in the hospital for an entire week. no fun.......Cymbalta is bad...How was your Christmas?