• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

zoloft

T

trainwreck

is any one takeing zoloft, i could do with some feed back , im on cymbalta now it just hold.,s you together an i mean just, i start zoloft ater chrismas.why after chrismas you may asy . well most a.d dont work for me an if they do only a short time .so the cym is just holding me now so i want to have at least this much for the wife an kids at chrismas, then i will take whatever comes, prozac i had the longest recestion with an zoloft works on the serotonin a bit like prozac,so tell me how your getting on with zoloft good or bad:unsure::unsure::unsure:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Not heard of it but I changed from cymbalta to citalopram and the difference has been immence. Personally I think Cymbalta is horrible stuff that did not work for me! Good luck

T

trainwreck

citalopram

thanks i will look it up what do you use it for

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Depression mainly anxiety to... had therepy to and to be honest I think ts the combination that has got me on a more level field!

T

trainwreck

CBT

:unsure:I START CBT THERAPY IN JAN .i will give it my best shot nothing to loose

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
ITs worth it.. I was a big sceptic and could not really see is workin but 6 months later I am still here still have lots of bad thoughts but they are more controlled and managable

M

matt

I am on effexor, have been on celexa, welbutran and prozac (I think, maybe lexapro) and tranquilizers. I have never been to a shrink about my issues, I had very bad experiences with them during marriage counseling where I found no help at all and a lack of the shrink seeing both sides. I think it is more the area I live in and the lack of good shrinks rather than all shrinks in general.

M

matt

What i find is meds do help me , they do help get rid of the gray cloud and ball and chain that comes with my condition. They also dull you to life, I find it hard to describe, It is tough to put into words. I guess when the gray cloud and ball and chain are gone, I expect a normal world, and yet it is rather lacking in " The color of life" or to say life lacks a certain "feel". I do smile and laugh much more on my meds and I am more outgoing in life .
If I happen to miss a dose in the morning the day becomes rather trying, I get dizzy, lack energy and have blurred vision.....that reminds me ...time to take it!

T

trainwreck

your right about the shrinks buddy ,in england you get what your given , shit mostly, my wife rang today to see if i could start a new med ,the day after christmas as i asked to hold off till the kids an grankids had there day without me pukeing up all day on new drugs, an he said no wait tll i go to see him jan 12 th the bastard i start c. b.t therapy 3 days later:mad:

jdoe123

jdoe123

cym

cymbalta made me sick and it didn,t work....I was on it when I tried to commit suicide and ended up in the hospital. I had horrible migraines when I stopped taking it..

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Sounds similar to my story Jo ..... apart from I was not admitted. Horrid stuff cymbalta.

!

jdoe123

jdoe123

week

well i ended up in the hospital for an entire week. no fun.......Cymbalta is bad...How was your Christmas?