YouTube resource: Trauma Recovery University for CPTSD

katya

katya

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place!

This is a great resource: Trauma Recovery University

The ladies who run it are called Athena and Bobbi (although Bobbi is taking a break at the moment), and they run a live Q&A (lasting an hour or so) on a different topic each week, relating to CPTSD - particularly that resulting from childhood sexual abuse, but it's also really about any and all abuses in childhood.

What follows is mentoring, so Athena (and Bobbi) will talk you through resources relating to the topic - and be prepared for light-bulb moments, 'cause they are a-plenty.

It's a really great community. There's a chat that runs alongside the live Q&A (both on YouTube and on Twitter) where survivors can ask questions to Athena/Bobbi (which they will do their best to answer on camera), and where survivors can support each other.

They've done loads of videos already which you can watch back, although not live, which are really great resources, full of information and validation of your experiences.

If you're in the UK, though, the live videos currently run at 3am on a Tuesday morning - it's usually on at 2am, but there's a daylight savings time difference at the moment and blah blah (I don't fully understand it).

For those of you in America, though, it's on at 6pmPT and 9pmET on Monday evening.

I try to be there most weeks. Would be lovely to see some of you guys there.

Last edited:
E

exyz

I had a look, it is good to see this, it looks positive and supportive.

E

exyz

And I posted it on someone's thread .. they are from the US and struggling a bit. I think they will find it a help I did not want them to miss it!:)

katya

katya

Just bumping this 'cause it's on in an hour. The live chat's already going on YouTube - here's a link.

The topic is, "Why can't I live in the moment?".

Sounds like one I need.