• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Your success stories--pat yourself in the back!

L

LoveandPeace

I hope this post finds people well. I'm new to the forum and would love to meet like-minded people.

Do you guys deem yourself as a success?

I've been in a personal growth journey for two years and I overcome a lot just like many of you. I feel like everything is starting to fall in place. I feel like I'm on the right medications and I feel like I am getting a lot of work done.

I know my situation is different because currently I'm a graduate student who (if I graduate) will be making 6 figures. I have no stresses of horrible bosses and I surround myself with good people. I also live on my own so I don't have stresses of being home with my "annoying" family. (Distance make the heart grow fonder)

I wanted to know what are your success stories. What are you proud of?

What I love about me:
-I don't give up
-I dream big
-I hold myself to accountable

What I do not like about me:
-I struggle with having a healthy relationship with food. I use it as a drug in away or in a destructive way. Much like alcohol dependence I had a food dependence. But I think I'm overcoming it. I am currently water fasting for two days and hope to continue as much as I can.

What I learned?
-I do not need food to make me happy. I can take a nice shower before starting a hard task instead of eating away my anxiety.

I hope to have a self-reflecting discussion with you guys on the topic of ambition career/ place in life/ etc. and food struggles.

Maybe we can become a team of people combating our health battles with the support of each other. Staying positive and looking for the best in every situation.

N

Nina998

I love this topic!

There is one thing I am proud of. That is my family. Despite that I've been sick and unsteady since I was a child I had courage to start a family. I was 21 when I had my first-born. It was crazy and didn't make any sense given my situation and health back then. My son probably saved my life. But eventually and through years I grew as my family grew. It wasn't easy but today I am proud of my hubby, my son aged 14 and my two girls aged 10 and 8.

I am still sick and unstable but my family is doing good. And I made that.

SilSten

SilSten

I feel like I am in limbo right now, since I am standing in the middle of a divorce. But I do know that I am strong enough to get through it, even though it hurts like hell right now - and the last months have sent med spiralling downwards. When all this is over. I just have to adjust to my New life!

I have learned to say "I'm sorry", I have learned to say "I was wrong". I have learned that I can stop and think when hypomania and impulsivity takes over. I have gotten better at reaching out when I need help or someone to talk to.

I have also learned what I need (and don't need) in my life to be as happy as I can be

I still have an anger issue that needs to be adressed somehow. I need to learn to control it. Counting to ten isn't enough.. I barely make it to one. I have to work on that!

I have an education and a job I love. I have two wonderful kids. I have good friends. A roof over our heads, food on the table every day, clothes. I can send my kids to football, take them to the movies from time to time... If not neccesarily a success, at least I consider my self lucky :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Bipolar Forum 2