• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Your stories: book on hearing voices

R

Ricky B

Hi Everyone,

I am collecting stories as part of a book: 'Hearing Voices: The Personal Stories of Voice Hearers'. The idea is for contrbutors (people who hear voices like us) to write about 5- 10 pages about their experiences and personal journeys (For example: What did the voices say? How did they make you feel? What was the reaction of other people? What was your care like?).

8 stories have been collected so far, but about 30 would be on target.

There's plenty of time, so no rush.

If you want to email me about this, please use this email address: [email protected]

Please also see:

http://www.intervoiceonline.org/2008/12/11/hearing-voices-the-personal-stories-of-voice-hearers

Hearing Voices: The Personal Stories of Voice Hearers

Intervoice and Ben Gray are putting together a book on the experiences and stories of hearing voices.

The emphasis is about all sorts of voices and voice hearers and all sorts of points of view and personal journeys. What did the voices say? How did they make you feel? What was the reaction of family, friends and mental health professionals?

If you would like to contribute to this book, then please send your story to the email below.

You should try to write between 1- 10 pages on your experiences (300- 3000 words).

All profits will be donated to the funding of Intervoice.

If we are going to change and improve voice hearers' lives, then your stories are the first place to start.

R

Ricky B

Hi Terri,

Fantastic- The lyrics made me smile :)

I'm collecting stories from voice hearers, so if you'd like to write 10 pages or so about your experiences, that would be great.

Please email: [email protected]

If you can't or don't want to write your story, could you please tell your friends.

It's time to make a change!

Ricky B

T

terri

Hey Wicky Woo

Of course I will, just give us a chance to get our heads together .........

I leve you with some lovely music and somehow one day we will find a new way of livin' not half not away from this triffic computer our man not half over in Brazil for when I go down to Rhio de Generio not for nutting'

smilies all round, drinks on yo and mines not half not a gin and tonic, if yo know wot I mean, lots of whizz air around here, ha ha called loads of wines up, chuffin hell fire got myself a rotten headache just like yo r aint yo go no tablets, some stuffed away down our cushions somehwere, come on bring out the hoover, there you are:

rather a loose canon around evil, with good intent, for they do not have a clue what I mean or am on about!

must go you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5A5d5vUXY

R

rabina

Pretty Amazing Song Terri,

Brought tears to my eyes.

Stay well you crazy chick.

rabina

R

Ricky B

I'm looking forward to getting peoples' stories (Your stories would be great).

Please email: [email protected].

God bless,
Ricky B

R

Ricky B

The sound of silence? Not a Simon and Garfunkel fan, like me, are you?

:)

Ricky B

R

rabina

The sound of silence? Not a Simon and Garfunkel fan, like me, are you?

:)

Ricky B

Well Ricky B,

They are brilliant musicians, but I do find their music to be depressing at times and yet it is very, very good too.

So, you just have to be in the mood for it.

rabina

R

Ricky B

Hi Rabina,

Yes, no need for the depressing music with the depressing anti-psychotic drugs they dish out.

My medication makes me tired, lethargic and I've put on so much weight I resemble a beach ball.

Beach ball? Maybe some upbeat Beach Boys music will cheer me up.

But seriously, it would be nice to get your story. The book is in its early stages, so there's plenty of time and no need to rush.

See: http://www.intervoiceonline.org/2008/12/11/hearing-voices-the-personal-stories-of-voice-hearers

Intervoice and Ben Gray are putting together a book on the experiences and stories of hearing voices.

The emphasis is about all sorts of voices and voice hearers and all sorts of points of view and personal journeys. What did the voices say? How did they make you feel? What was the reaction of family, friends and mental health professionals?

If you would like to contribute to this book, then please send your story to the email below.

You should try to write between 1- 10 pages on your experiences (300- 3000 words).

If we are going to change and improve voice hearers' lives, then your stories are the first place to start.

R

Ricky B

Great- You always make me smile :)

Ricky B

R

rabina

Hi Rabina,

Yes, no need for the depressing music with the depressing anti-psychotic drugs they dish out.

My medication makes me tired, lethargic and I've put on so much weight I resemble a beach ball.

Beach ball? Maybe some upbeat Beach Boys music will cheer me up.

But seriously, it would be nice to get your story. The book is in its early stages, so there's plenty of time and no need to rush.

See: http://www.intervoiceonline.org/2008/12/11/hearing-voices-the-personal-stories-of-voice-hearers

RickyB,

With all due respect, at this point in time, I have no desire to share my "entire" story with anyone.

Good Luck though,
rabina

R

Ricky B

Hi Rabina,

I'm sorry to hear that. Sharing your story may help you and other people who hear voices, but as you say you have to be ready.

I've published my story as an article, which was quite therapeutic, and got great feedback from people.

We're trying to get people's stories to challenge and change the mental healthcare sytem.

God bless,
Ricky B

R

rabina

Ricky,

I do commend you and Ben Gray for putting together a book.

We must not only challenge the mental health profession, but we must challenge the Church and I mean any Church of a persons beliefs.

There are many who must be made aware that there are many different types of voice hearers.

For now,
rabina