• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Your stories: Book on hearing voices

R

Ricky B

Hi Everyone,

I am collecting stories as part of a book: 'Hearing Voices: The Personal Stories of Voice Hearers'. The idea is for contrbutors (people who hear voices like us) to write about 5- 10 pages about their experiences and personal journeys (For example: What did the voices say? How did they make you feel? What was the reaction of other people? What was your care like?).

8 stories have been collected so far, but about 30 would be on target.

There's plenty of time, so no rush.

If you want to email me about this, please use this email address: [email protected]

Please also see:

http://www.intervoiceonline.org/2008/12/11/hearing-voices-the-personal-stories-of-voice-hearers

Hearing Voices: The Personal Stories of Voice Hearers

Intervoice and Ben Gray are putting together a book on the experiences and stories of hearing voices.

The emphasis is about all sorts of voices and voice hearers and all sorts of points of view and personal journeys. What did the voices say? How did they make you feel? What was the reaction of family, friends and mental health professionals?

If you would like to contribute to this book, then please send your story to the email below.

You should try to write between 1- 10 pages on your experiences (300- 3000 words).

All profits will be donated to the funding of Intervoice.

If we are going to change and improve voice hearers' lives, then your stories are the first place to start.

R

Ricky B

:)

Hi Terri,

Good luck with your book! I want a copy, please :)

Ricky B