• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

YOUR MP - and "Mental Health Awareness Week"

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

The 18-24th May is Mental Health Awareness Week in the UK - and I'm sure that you are all aware of it :doh:.

But what about your local MP - is he/she doing anything to mark it?

If not, are you going to write to them and complain bitterly about that?

If not, why not? Why so many questions - "Cos I'm mad as hell and I ain't going to take this any more", as the man once said.

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

Well, 14 hours later and not one reply, which says a great deal; "We are depressed and we can't be arsed. Let the funds go to cancer care and heart care :panic:".

Capt Hooke

Capt Hooke

nope the MPs in this area won't do anything to mark it and they ignore complaints so its a waste of time :(
On a technicality, you can only deal with the one MP who represents your constituency; I don't think other MP's can correspond with you.

If you have previously written as a single individual, do you think that you might have got some response if you had some 'cohorts' who had complained at the same time?

I have a continuing correspondence with my MP, it currently focused on why NICE did not authorise the use of ketamine, but I'll add MHAW to the next letter, as her website makes no mention of it. I will not allow her to ignore me; I am Captain Hooke!

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Last time i complained about anything though i complained about fox hunting and got a half-hearted response back cause the mp agrees with murdering foxes for fun :(

P

PerpetuallyStuck

There is no way my local Conservative MP gives a damn about anyone with problems.

I

indigo6

What do you expect them to do? First of all theyre puppets. They werent going to do anything before this covid shit. Now theyve got a brilliant excuse.
On the grounds that I crash every few years and have to pick myself up (I only have d&a,many would think just a joke illness, snap out of it!) what is he going to do? Give me a better life? find me better accommodation? get me a job that helps rather than hinders my mh, which of course even in an episode I might still go to as it wont exacerbate my frazzled head. That would make sense just to do that. Wait though, the 'leaders' have just bankrupted the country.
No of course not, theres no such thing as Santa.