• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Your experience of being bullied?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Have you been bullied? be it at school, college, university, at home, among friends or at work. Were you able to stop the bullying? Has it traumatized you?

I was bullied at middle school but that was about it. I'm lucky that I wasn't bullied through out my entire time at school.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I get bullied. I am big and a have a good sense of humor, so I usually just endure it.

BillFish

BillFish

Have you been bullied? be it at school, college, university, at home, among friends or at work. Were you able to stop the bullying? Has it traumatized you?

I was bullied at middle school but that was about it. I'm lucky that I wasn't bullied through out my entire time at school.
Yes, when I fractured my spine, I went from being a super fit endurance athlete, bit of an adrenalin junky, lots of pals etc to being completely sidelined and given dirty dead end tasks at work. Even though, despite the injury I continued to parachute, run and haul heavy gear I was bullied mercilessly. I even volunteered to go to a conflict zone and maneuvered my position to get close to any action despite the spinal injury, and hauled tons of ammunition and heavy gear etc, didn't make an iota of difference .............what a fucking mug:LOL: At least I can prevent my son from being used and abused by the c**ts:p

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yes, when I fractured my spine, I went from being a super fit endurance athlete, bit of an adrenalin junky, lots of pals etc to being completely sidelined and given dirty dead end tasks at work. Even though, despite the injury I continued to parachute, run and haul heavy gear I was bullied mercilessly. I even volunteered to go to a conflict zone and maneuvered my position to get close to any action despite the spinal injury, and hauled tons of ammunition and heavy gear etc, didn't make an iota of difference .............what a fucking mug:LOL: At least I can prevent my son from being used and abused by the c**ts:p
Hey Bill - you ever thought of doing an office job?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm sorry to read about you guys getting bullied. If i was there, I would help and defend you guys.

rubyrose

rubyrose

Yes, I was bullied in school. I've been picked on a lot, in elementary school, high school, college, at work. I found out friends weren't really friends. Been stabbed in the back over and over again. People would make me feel liked and accepted only to turn their backs on me, talk bad about me, and abandon me. When I was being treated wrongly, "friends" never came to my defense. I was left alone to fend for myself and I was not strong enough to keep fighting back with no one in my corner. I'm only one human being. I've internalized, become angry with myself for allowing others to take away my light and joy and make me feel worthless. I've attacked myself. Even though I've generally always tried not to bother people, I figured there had to be some reason people kept targeting me. I taught myself I somehow deserved it.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Wow, i'm soo sorry. But you don't deserve that. Regardless of what you think, you do not deserve that.

Sometimes it's down to luck. We have friends and we think they will support us but when the time has come, we find that they run away or leave you be.

rubyrose

rubyrose

Painful memories have been brought up. :cry:

Not blaming you or trying to make you feel bad at all. I appreciate you starting the thread. I know it wasn't done with bad intentions.

Thanks so much for your compassion and kind words, Anime-Alchemy :hug1:

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm soo sorry. I hope the memories go away soon.

You know though, that you have this forum and people on this forum. We're here to support each other. So your not alone.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes, I was bullied in school. I've been picked on a lot, in elementary school, high school, college, at work. I found out friends weren't really friends. Been stabbed in the back over and over again. People would make me feel liked and accepted only to turn their backs on me, talk bad about me, and abandon me. When I was being treated wrongly, "friends" never came to my defense. I was left alone to fend for myself and I was not strong enough to keep fighting back with no one in my corner. I'm only one human being. I've internalized, become angry with myself for allowing others to take away my light and joy and make me feel worthless. I've attacked myself. Even though I've generally always tried not to bother people, I figured there had to be some reason people kept targeting me. I taught myself I somehow deserved it.
I'm sorry to hear this ladyrose xx

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Only in school but it has scared me for life, stolen my self esteem and self worth.

Mark_01

Mark_01

Verbally bullied more than anything. People enjoyed calling me stupid, or too stupid to understand. Some people would scream it at me, and be very angry. This has gone on most of my life. They had a point, so I forgive them, just wish it didn't happen.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Verbally bullied more than anything. People enjoyed calling me stupid, or too stupid to understand. Some people would scream it at me, and be very angry. This has gone on most of my life. They had a point, so I forgive them, just wish it didn't happen.
I'm sorry to hear this. I disagree though about them having a point. Regardless of if they do or do not, it doesn't mean they should be shouting at you, etc. I hope your able to overcome the past experiences.

Mark_01

Mark_01

I'm sorry to hear this. I disagree though about them having a point. Regardless of if they do or do not, it doesn't mean they should be shouting at you, etc. I hope your able to overcome the past experiences.
You never overcome it, it haunts you for your entire life, and it keeps you awake at night because something triggered a memory. As for them having a point; I can be in the same room as a group of people and not be there. People get very angry at a person who is oblivious to what everyone else knows. Never did it on purpose, and tried to be there, but would just mentally wander off. People can be very cruel with their bullying, and it spreads to other people. I have had liberal people who claim to the the most tolerant and understanding people on earth turn on me and say the cruelest things imaginable just for the sake of hurting my feelings, and they get other people to do the same. Christians are not much better and at times can be much worse. I think bullying against the mentally ill is emotionally traumatizing because we mostly remain silent about it when it happens.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

You never overcome it, it haunts you for your entire life, and it keeps you awake at night because something triggered a memory. As for them having a point; I can be in the same room as a group of people and not be there. People get very angry at a person who is oblivious to what everyone else knows. Never did it on purpose, and tried to be there, but would just mentally wander off. People can be very cruel with their bullying, and it spreads to other people. I have had liberal people who claim to the the most tolerant and understanding people on earth turn on me and say the cruelest things imaginable just for the sake of hurting my feelings, and they get other people to do the same. Christians are not much better and at times can be much worse. I think bullying against the mentally ill is emotionally traumatizing because we mostly remain silent about it when it happens.
It angers me that people would say things on purpose to hurt you. It's like putting a knife through someone on purpose and watching them roll around in pain. If I was there, I would defend you regardless of what happens to me, I don't care if I get made fun of or people say cruel things.