• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Your belief system

A

Affective

When the voices tell you to do something, do you do something that's against your belief system. For instance, if it told you to hurt your cat but you loved your cat, would you still do it?

X

xpurplexamyx

When I was much younger (14 or 15), the voices would regularly tell me to kill my mom (she's the only parent I've ever had, until a few years ago when she re-married, and I love her to death). Usually running on with some disturbing, violent description of how I should do it. I always managed to block them out when it came to anything that involved hurting others (including animals), and especially when it came to my mom. It wasn't easy, but, it was doable, usually through isolation and self-destructive behavior until they went away :(

A

Affective

When I was much younger (14 or 15), the voices would regularly tell me to kill my mom (she's the only parent I've ever had, until a few years ago when she re-married, and I love her to death). Usually running on with some disturbing, violent description of how I should do it. I always managed to block them out when it came to anything that involved hurting others (including animals), and especially when it came to my mom. It wasn't easy, but, it was doable, usually through isolation and self-destructive behavior until they went away :(
I'm sorry to hear that. :( Although I am glad you didn't harm anyone and you managed to control that urge.

X

xpurplexamyx

I almost never get urges like that these days though. :) I think they fell silent around the same time that I decided I'd only ever direct those kinds of thoughts at myself.

L

Lady Summer Isles

Have had similar experiences too. Now it's usually the voices saying they will harm those I love if I don't do what they want.
Lady T

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Hearing Voices Forum 1