• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Young people.

T

TheHeroYouHate

Is anyone here under the age of 18 or relatively near to it that's had trouble getting help?
i'd appreciate talking to someone near my own age who may understand my frustration a bit better rather than telling me i'm lucky i wasnt born 30 years ago.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I think people are trying to say that MH services are better than they where 30 years ago although far from perfect, I have read your previous posts and I overall feel a little unclear what it is you are needing at the moment, I appreciate that living with poor MH is hard but the ultimaltly your the one who is overall control. Haing said that there are some wonderful professional out there and sometimes you have to take on board their advice and or diagnosis even if you dont agree with it at the time. At the end of the day they hae recieved the medical training but are also working with a restrcited services because ultimatly it is not a bottemless pit of money.

I hope you find what your looking for and this is a really great place for advice and support., Have you thought about starting a blogg .. It can be a good way of venting your thoughts and getting them off your chest. Older people can be a valuble source of information and supprt.

Take care

xx

T

TheHeroYouHate

I think that the most frustrating thing was being diagnosed and then shortly afterwards being told i couldn't actually get any help.
I understand that getting better does require a lot of effort for me but i don't have it in me if i have no proper support.