• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

You will never believe it

D

DillF

So, I had the dreaded ATOS examination for my ESA claim on around the 27th of April. I got the results today through the post. At first, I thought it said I was being put into the WRAG group because on the first page it says "Work related activity group. It has been determined you do not have or cannot be treated as having limited capability for work related activity and you have been placed in the work related activity group." So, my heart sunk. This was bad news, not the worst but bad nonetheless.

However, I turned onto the next page to see how to appeal and it said "Support group. It has been determined that you have or can be treated as having limited capability for work related activity and you have been placed in the support group." Turns out, they put both on the letter but only tick one. Support group was ticked for me. I felt so relieved but I can't help feeling they do that deliberately.

It says that my case will be up for review on 20th December but I am so relieved. I know I am very lucky because people usually have to jump through so many more hoops than I. I'm not posting this to brag or anything, but I am very relieved.

If anyone wants any tips or has any questions or whatever about the exam, definitely feel free to message me on here.

BillFish

BillFish

So, I had the dreaded ATOS examination for my ESA claim on around the 27th of April. I got the results today through the post. At first, I thought it said I was being put into the WRAG group because on the first page it says "Work related activity group. It has been determined you do not have or cannot be treated as having limited capability for work related activity and you have been placed in the work related activity group." So, my heart sunk. This was bad news, not the worst but bad nonetheless.

However, I turned onto the next page to see how to appeal and it said "Support group. It has been determined that you have or can be treated as having limited capability for work related activity and you have been placed in the support group." Turns out, they put both on the letter but only tick one. Support group was ticked for me. I felt so relieved but I can't help feeling they do that deliberately.

It says that my case will be up for review on 20th December but I am so relieved. I know I am very lucky because people usually have to jump through so many more hoops than I. I'm not posting this to brag or anything, but I am very relieved.

If anyone wants any tips or has any questions or whatever about the exam, definitely feel free to message me on here.

Great news Dillf! Takes the pressure off doesn't it?