• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

You will be found

R

reia

How's everyone doing? I think this post is both self-assurance and encouragement...I don't know if you needed to hear thit today but you're not alone. Right now, I keep feeling as though I'm detached from every friend group that I have. I'll never be the first pick and I'm pretty sure the closest person to me is gonna prefer other people's company over mine. You know that feeling too don't you? So we're not alone in this. It'll get better....right?

Good morning and Good Night.

Hello513

Hello513

How's everyone doing? I think this post is both self-assurance and encouragement...I don't know if you needed to hear thit today but you're not alone. Right now, I keep feeling as though I'm detached from every friend group that I have. I'll never be the first pick and I'm pretty sure the closest person to me is gonna prefer other people's company over mine. You know that feeling too don't you? So we're not alone in this. It'll get better....right?

Good morning and Good Night.

People whom are mentally ill often have distorted self images as well as distorted images into how others percieve them. This can sometimes damage otherwise healthy relationships.

R

reia

People whom are mentally ill often have distorted self images as well as distorted images into how others percieve them. This can sometimes damage otherwise healthy relationships.
Is there anything we can do to stop that...?

Hello513

Hello513

Is there anything we can do to stop that...?
Yes and no. As far as I know there are only two ways to stop it.

One is to get help to try to curb the symptoms, but even with help the symptoms may endure albeit to a lesser degree.

The other is to be honest about our mental health condition to those we care about so they can understand our behavior.

The last is a double edged sword as I have had numerous people cut me off due to my mental health while others were incredibly understanding an supportive, and stuck with me through thick and thin.

Being a person with mental health issues in many if not all countries is like walking a tightrope in oh so many ways that is completley unfair and beyond our control.

R

reia

Yes and no. As far as I know there are only two ways to stop it.

One is to get help to try to curb the symptoms, but even with help the symptoms may endure albeit to a lesser degree.

The other is to be honest about our mental health condition to those we care about so they can understand our behavior.

The last is a double edged sword as I have had numerous people cut me off due to my mental health while others were incredibly understanding an supportive, and stuck with me through thick and thin.

Being a person with mental health issues in many if not all countries is like walking a tightrope in oh so many ways that is completley unfair and beyond our control.

Yeah it is. In my country, people who say that they feel alone or depressed are often said to be attention seekers or are being melodramatic. That's why...I always think that people mean something else when they tell me that "It's okay".

Hello513

Hello513

Yeah it is. In my country, people who say that they feel alone or depressed are often said to be attention seekers or are being melodramatic. That's why...I always think that people mean something else when they tell me that "It's okay".
To some degree its like that everywherre. The stigma against mental illness is very real which makes it harder for people like us to cope.

Faith198

Faith198

This. This is exactly why I don’t tell anyone about it. I know some will be accepting but others won’t. I wish it wasn’t like this

SlowlyUnravels

SlowlyUnravels

Hey, this song (here) might be of use :) There are or will be people willing to put you first, I'm sure. Don't give up or accept less than you deserve, work on bettering yourself and being the top priority of your life