• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

YOu know when you are getting old and fat when...

SoftRain

SoftRain

You can't get out of the freaking bathtub!
I decided to shave my legs today and take a moisturizing bath for summer.
I usually use our shower but used my kids bathtub cause I thought it would be easier. It took me 5 minutes at least to wiggle around like a wet pig to finally make my way out. It was freaking me out. I was ready to call one of my kids to come help me.
Lmao
Anyone else have any humiliating getting old or fat experiences?

valleygirl

valleygirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
When my sister was pregnant with her third child I was looking after her other two children for the morning. I was reading to her youngest son, 2 1/2 at the time. He was leaning against me, poked my stomach, and asked me if I was having a baby too.

SoftRain

SoftRain

When my sister was pregnant with her third child I was looking after her other two children for the morning. I was reading to her youngest son, 2 1/2 at the time. He was leaning against me, poked my stomach, and asked me if I was having a baby too.
Oh My...😂😂
Kids are so brutally honest sometimes.
My husband has a bone condition which makes his extremities a little shorter and his legs a bit crocked. We were shopping with our two kids one day and the sweetest little boy was looking at toys next to us.
My husband said hi to him and the little boy said timidly hi, then asked him "are you a lephrachaun?"
😁😁

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

SoftRain, I'd have to say I had the same experience with the bathtub, getting too old and fat to use it. I seem to forget every year how hard it is to get out of the bath and I try doing it again based on old memories of how nice taking a bath was.

It's strange being an old fart and sending away for brochures on walk-in baths.

That was a cute story about the little boy.

How's your mom doing ?? How are you doing with the visits ?? My mom fell in the grocery store and is now finally convinced that she must give us the grocery list or let someone order the groceries on line for delivery.

I very nearly got embarrassed by almost having to call for help after hiking too far in the woods. So I can understand my mother not wanting to give up her shopping trips.

Last edited:
SoftRain

SoftRain

Hi poopy!
Thank you for asking about my mom and I. I'm getting ready to go back for another visit soon. Fingers crossed!!! Lol. She lives an hour and a half away so it's hard for me to go routinely but she is doing well after her stroke and has made darn near a complete recover. We talk 4 or 5 times most weeks. She does have support near so as long as she doesn't lose the ability to do activities of daily living I don't worry to much at this point. My stepdad and her have each other so they go and shop together and do everything together. If something happens to him though I know she won't be able to stay there alone.
Phone calls are much like visits. It's you should do this you could do this you can do this, always about my kids. A lot of unsolicited advice which drives me crazy, but that is her and I try not to let it get to me.
I hope your mother isn't driving you too crazy either. LOL
The bathtub thing is crazy right!? I know last year I could take a bath without a problem. I blame the Seroquelthat I've been off of for about a week now. I'm really hoping my metabolism bounces back and I become more active. I gained 50 pounds and most of it is belly fat so I can't bring my legs up far enough to stabilize in the bathtub. Girl girl girl it is tough getting older! Remember when we could just stand straight up out of the bathtub like it was nothing? May both of us get stronger and leaner. All cheers to that 😁
Yesterday I had to go buy a pair of shorts because not one pair would even come close to buttoning for the summer!
I think I'm going to have to find a ton of willpower to budge any of this weight.

Last edited:
LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Tying my shoe laces is a pain. So is cutting my toenails. Yeah I want to lose some kgs.

valleygirl

valleygirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I get out of breath bending over to tie my shoe laces, so now I put my foot up on a chair. It's a bit easier. I am doing my own weight loss plan right now - not following any particular diet, but I have actually managed to not binge for about 2 weeks, and I've lost 4 lbs in one week. I still have a long way to go, but I'm pretty happy with 4 lbs lost in a week.

SoftRain

SoftRain

I get out of breath bending over to tie my shoe laces, so now I put my foot up on a chair. It's a bit easier. I am doing my own weight loss plan right now - not following any particular diet, but I have actually managed to not binge for about 2 weeks, and I've lost 4 lbs in one week. I still have a long way to go, but I'm pretty happy with 4 lbs lost in a week.
Great job!