You have all been such a good influence

G

Girl interupted

After my meltdown last weekend, I inquired about group dbt.

I have my intake interview today, and i should be in a group session in about two months.

The courage each and every one of you have demonstrated here on a daily basis has given me the courage to pursue this.

Thank you for your kindness and support. Your are proof there are good people in this world and that we truly are stronger, together.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’m glad that you found the forum helpful, that’s what it’s here for. My daughter doing DBT and it’s made a real difference to her outlook. I hope it does the same for you

Daf:hug:

G

Girl interupted

Went for my assessment today. Dear god it’s so hard to outline 50 years of trauma in one hour.

G

Girl interupted

I’ve had to complete a series of online evaluations and my bpd score was clinical but lower than I expected. My ptsd score, however, was off the charts.

Hrm.

G

Girl interupted

No now I’m wondering if my symptoms are more ptsd than bpd, even though my therapist has said “you are firmly in cluster b.”

Ptsd is cureable. Bpd is not.

O

OCDguy

If it helps I try and focus on me, rather than labels/maybes...

G

Girl interupted

Sound advice. It’s part of my black and white thinking and need to compartmentalize.

G

Girl interupted

Oh it’s a two dollar word for a compulsive need to put everything in a category or label. ;)

G

Girl interupted

Got confirmation I’ve been admitted to a dbt group. First session in about three months.

Really struggling though. Really really struggling.

I stopped taking the medication that was making me stupid. I was having issues performing at work.

Now going through a period of paranoia triggered by my father giving me my mother’s engagement ring. I didn’t want it. But it was too painful for him to hold onto it.

So it made me sad, and I cried, then I started getting fearful about the impending burial. That fear hit gasoline and jumped over to me being insecure about my job. That I will be out of work soon and they’ve always wanted to get rid of me. Horrible paranoia. For no reason. But it’s manifesting itself in my reactions at work and could soon become a self fulfilling prophecy.

I can’t seem to get control.

One sadness triggers others. And then I’m drowning.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

No now I’m wondering if my symptoms are more ptsd than bpd, even though my therapist has said “you are firmly in cluster b.”

Ptsd is cureable. Bpd is not.
I've heard that although BPD isn't cureable as such it can be managed and treated to reduce the effect? X

G

Girl interupted

Better thank you. I upped my meds again, so back in the fog again, but at least more stable.

I hate the fog.

Poppy2014

Poppy2014

Well done you xxx
I have cPTSD, and BPD, to be honest I never felt BPD, but cPTSD, was like someone looking in my head.
Steve told me and I'm going to tell you
BPD is just 3 letters, it's not who you are, and yes BPD is the only PD that can cured. But, you will always have slightly odd thinking and coping skills. And, occasionally you need a top up.
Good luck your DBT journey, write about it and let us know how you get on.
Lots of Love
Poppy xx

G

Girl interupted

Thank you poppy and midnight. I needed the love. It’s been a terrible day. Every freaking aspect of my project that’s launching on Monday is screwing up. And the response is, well it’s not so bad.... well no, there are legislative regulations that make not so bad, very bad.

O

OCDguy

Anything we can help with. Stress can make us blinkered and short sited :hug:

G

Girl interupted

Oh and cranky and full of expletives, too. I actually said the word arse in a meeting today. Go me.