• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

You guys ever thought about creating a new, positive voice?

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You know you might be right about this method backfiring. I didn't think about it at the time, but who knows what consequences I could have from making a new voice. You guys shouldn't try this method.

Nice reframe, I really like it! I never thought of the voices as being able to make me mentally stronger. Here's a couple of go-to tactics they use against me: they repeat the same thing over and over again annoyingly trying to get a reaction, they're tone becomes even more hyperaggressive if I become aggressive, threatening me all the time, sometimes they act like their other people, which is particularly bad, because then they can act like people I may have hurt somehow. Once they obtain the moral high ground I never hear the end of it and use that to justify everything they do. The last thing they do is talk through me, using subvocalization and it's really frustrating. They might call me a "bitch-ass" using my voice, so I can feel how emotionally charged is based on how loud they say it or they might make me have a sarcastic expression when I say something. This is bad for 2 other reasons, if they keep repeating the same thing while making me say it, it becomes a habit for me. The second reason is if I say around another person they'll get the wrong idea.

I don't think that particular insult you used would work on them, but you have given me a idea, I could say "I don't care what your reason is, I'm not letting you talk to me like that." For a moment I actually believed it, but I'm not clear on what my reasoning was, so I'm sure if I could keep it up.
Sometimes when I read theses post it sounds like the 'voices' are representatives of M5 carrying out mob duties.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Sometimes when I read theses post it sounds like the 'voices' are representatives of M5 carrying out mob duties.
One of my schizophrenic friends was thinking about writing a story called Mafia Town, where the mafia bought a town and control the people their through various means. The "schizophrenics" are really hearing real people's voices in the story.

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
One of my schizophrenic friends was thinking about writing a story called Mafia Town, where the mafia bought a town and control the people their through various means. The "schizophrenics" are really hearing real people's voices in the story.
That's what seems to be a probability within my local town, or how my experiences have lead me to assume, what's he going to call the story.

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry 'mafia town' just woke up from dreaming a minute ago. 4 in the morning..

W

wellness

" Here's a couple of go-to tactics they use against me: they repeat the same thing over and over again annoyingly trying to get a reaction, "
Well it not just you and me but I have read plenty of our comrades reporting here on this forum that The Voices are Repetitious as hell !! ... it is one of their very innate stereotypical character traits.
I have two Voices that have probably broken the Guinness Book of World Records of being so repetitious ...
1. I have this voice that I have named as "Piglet" he just loves to sit around and echo every single belch I make ... apparently he is trying to stop me altogether from belching ....Even the rest of the Voices are sick of him and shout at him to stop that but hell no this is one mad repeater that just won't stop. This has been going for now for over 10 years .... can you believe this shit ???

2. There is another cluster of my Voices that I have labelled as the "She-She Fools" .... that started about 3-4 years ago .... madly going about every 5-10 minutes coming around to the surface and making this she-she-she noise .... as though there is something dirty around the corner and they are feeling very She She about it.

And another good technique to use is to put such dastardly Voices to shame by naming and shaming them on this Forum and reading back what you have written about them ...
It can have a drastic effect.
There was a group of My Voices running around claiming they are Sent by the Company Motorola to spy and control me as my first job out of Uni was at Motorola and these Voices took that fascination with Motorola ever since I moved on from that job. They would repetitiously go on and on insist they are Motorola the company .... Until one fine day I created a whole new thread on here about "My Voices calling themselves Motorola and running around" -- I read that post back to them slowly and carefully till it sunk into them .... now they have given up on these "We are Motorola" rants .... Worked like magic !!!

Cheerio !

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

ACCOUNT CLOSED
" Here's a couple of go-to tactics they use against me: they repeat the same thing over and over again annoyingly trying to get a reaction, "
Well it not just you and me but I have read plenty of our comrades reporting here on this forum that The Voices are Repetitious as hell !! ... it is one of their very innate stereotypical character traits.
I have two Voices that have probably broken the Guinness Book of World Records of being so repetitious ...
1. I have this voice that I have named as "Piglet" he just loves to sit around and echo every single belch I make ... apparently he is trying to stop me altogether from belching ....Even the rest of the Voices are sick of him and shout at him to stop that but hell no this is one mad repeater that just won't stop. This has been going for now for over 10 years .... can you believe this shit ???

2. There is another cluster of my Voices that I have labelled as the "She-She Fools" .... that started about 3-4 years ago .... madly going about every 5-10 minutes coming around to the surface and making this she-she-she noise .... as though there is something dirty around the corner and they are feeling very She She about it.

And another good technique to use is to put such dastardly Voices to shame by naming and shaming them on this Forum and reading back what you have written about them ...
It can have a drastic effect.
There was a group of My Voices running around claiming they are Sent by the Company Motorola to spy and control me as my first job out of Uni was at Motorola and these Voices took that fascination with Motorola ever since I moved on from that job. They would repetitiously go on and on insist they are Motorola the company .... Until one fine day I created a whole new thread on here about "My Voices calling themselves Motorola and running around" -- I read that post back to them slowly and carefully till it sunk into them .... now they have given up on these "We are Motorola" rants .... Worked like magic !!!

Cheerio !
This would be the script to' Mafia Town' as it's well analysed.