• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

You don't feel good enough

jajingna

jajingna

A familiar feeling when you're socially anxious is not feeling like you're good enough as you are. Good enough to be accepted or good enough to maybe be attractive to other people. You have no idea how another person sees you. Most people might say that you're fine as you are.

How do we get to feeling good enough? We don't need to be great, just acceptable and adequate will do. Don't set the bar too high.

I don't have answers to this. I'm thinking if you feel anxious with another person it may help to focus your attention on him. Listen to what he says. You don't need to be a big talker. This world has plenty of those already. We could use a few more quiet people to pay attention to things, and to each other.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'd love to be quieter and listen more, but i naturally find it hard to shut up. My mind is always going so what i think does come out. It is a pity as it puts people off.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Yes I feel like this op.

jajingna

jajingna

I suppose listening is a real skill. A quiet mind helps. Wouldn't we all love to have a quiet mind? Mine is all over the place most of the time, but those moments of quiet are great.