• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

You are ok and it's not your fault!

M

MoonShade

I thought that I was the problem and that I was broken and messed up, but I was having a normal reaction to an abnormal (unhealthy) situation.

It seems like for a lot of my life, people made me to feel like I was the problem and like I was difficult.

I got out of a toxic circumstances in my life and then healed myself using self-help and therapy, and now I am mostly better...I am still having flashbacks and ruminating and having the occasional panic attack...but I am functioning and getting better.

I guess I just wanted to say that it's ok to shut down or to want to run and hide. It's ok to respond to traumas in ways that are socially not always accepted or understood.

There is nothing wrong with us and we are not actually broken...we're reacting based on our natural predisposition + traumatic trigger.

You are ok wherever you are in your journey.

Z

Zoe1

thanks for that , I've done art therapy at times
to make sense of it all

recent research in mental health
is starting to look at how we pathologise it
to make the person into the illness

X

xBrokenDollx

I really needed something like this today. Thank you for sharing; congratulations on how far you come- I'm sure you'll get even farther. ^-^

S

Scapes1986

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks
That was beautiful
Agree much yes

I feel renewed
<3