Yet another POCD update (fingers crossed)

F

FrightenedbyEverything

OK. So, yeah. Here I am again and my POCD has been conspiring against me in a number of ways today. I have it nearly sorted out in seems, only once I seemingly do, it pulls yet another fake or distorted memory from when I was 18-19 out of friggin nowhere. Last two ones it gave me nearly made me give up on myself entirely and sent me into a near full blown panic mode. I luckily had a coping mech to help out, but I'm convinced that it's gonna pull something on me that even I can't think my way out of. For over 3 weeks I've been trying to shake this, yet it always finds a way to come back, leading me to worry if maybe I did actually do something terrible and register worthy. I'm in fear and am midway to becoming a nervous wreck, it seems. Can anyone talk to me, please? If only to ease my mind? That'd be great. :sorry:

L

Leedlelee

Hey! I want to state, for the record, that I have not been diagnosed with OCD. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and suffer from intense intrusive thoughts, however -- and am currently getting over a two-week period where my own mind was trapped on the subject and it got to the point of nearly being debilitating. I'm still recovering as we speak, and my mind is still on it... but I'm doing my best to get on and maybe I can try to help you.

If you want to PM me or talk here, we can. :hug1:

B

Battlewithmybrain

I too am dealing with something similar! My OCD tends to attack false memories- or things that happened but will try and tell me they happened at a different time. I’ve tried telling myself “I have OCD. This is a chemical imbalance in my brain. I’m okay. This isn’t me and I know true in my heart who I am”. Hopefully this helps, I’m still struggling going on two weeks now

P

possiblebpd

you need to get professional help, please :)
best thing I ever did.

a free therapist exist in your country? :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5