• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Yelling and screaming.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

For a couple weeks my voices were present but I could handle them. They were quiet. Then something bad happened and they've turned into yelling and screaming. Telling me to self harm and kill myself and my family. I'm pretty sure I won't act on it but it's scary nonetheless.

I know Te has helped me in the past. And I thank him for that. Maybe I'm beyond help. I don't know. I don't want to waste anyone's time. I'm not even on any anti psychotics right now. We upped my dose of Latuda so hopefully that will help. But I don't know.

I'm a scared person.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am not sure what to say Lincoln.

I have experience awful voices following a stressful confrontation. It is similar and different to your experience I think.

Give it time. I think time heals all. :)

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you BT (for some reason I can't call you Brat).

I just don't know where else to turn.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Thank you BT (for some reason I can't call you Brat).

I just don't know where else to turn.
Well this is the correct place. The Hearing voices sub-forum of a mental health forum!!

I don't know any magic cures for the voices. I don't try and dialogue them, and I don't practice mindfulness - but others do.

I do feel that occupying your time with some simple and constructive can help.

It does seem that stressful events can trigger psychosis too.

I think I prefer BT to Brat.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you BT. I appreciate your reply :)

It seems a lot when I'm having a mixed episode (racing thoughts, depression, not sleeping) the voices are worse than normal.

I don't like being on anti psychotics as I've gained a ton of weight on them but I wish I could be on one of them so I could some reprieve from the voices. They made them manageable at least.

Thank you again for replying.

E

Eigau

Hi Lincoln, sorry for missing this thread. In my opinion, Screamers can be hard to deal with if you haven't formed friendships with other voices yet. Making friends with voices is a bit like trying to diffuse the tension between you and a bully. This can be very confronting and challenging. You have done so well Lincoln to last this long and now without the usual medicine. Each time you come through a challenge like this, you seem stronger, is that how you feel?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I was informed today that Latuda is an anti psychotic. I didn't know that.

I do feel stronger when I go through this, yes. But right now I feel weak. I feel like everytbing I do they hate me and want me dead.

I was also informed today that I'm not psychotic supposedly. I don't know if I agree with that though.

I know they're mainly my alters but good lord I have a lot of them. I need to start making friends with them.

Thank you TE.

calypso

calypso

Admin
They are torturing you Linc, so who cares if they think you are psychotic or not! I get exasperated with mental health professionals at times.

I still think Te's idea of making friends of them is a good idea, no matter what the cause. Perhaps try this. Calm them down with unconditional love no matter what they say. Its tough, but an idea.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you Cal.

I get so upset when I get told things like this that I'm not psychotic. Does that mean she thinks I'm making it up? Because that is stupid. I'm not at all. Im genuinely unwell.

You do believe me?

E

Eigau

Hi Lincoln, that's very humble of you to admit that you need help and that you are unwell. That is a big step in my opinion. So if you decide to try and make friends with some of the voices, they can then help with the Screamers as mine helped a Screamer I once had. They are in the best position to help each other. And it can build their self confidence which will in turn affect how they behave for the positive. It is a process though. I would say start to write or mentally note the different voices you have and search for ones that are fairly mature, adult type voices with strong character. Because these ones will have the qualities needed to help a Screamer. Just the act of searching for a voice will affect how they behave in different ways, so be brave. We are here for you.

Te

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Hi Lincoln, that's very humble of you to admit that you need help and that you are unwell. That is a big step in my opinion. So if you decide to try and make friends with some of the voices, they can then help with the Screamers as mine helped a Screamer I once had. They are in the best position to help each other. And it can build their self confidence which will in turn affect how they behave for the positive. It is a process though. I would say start to write or mentally note the different voices you have and search for ones that are fairly mature, adult type voices with strong character. Because these ones will have the qualities needed to help a Screamer. Just the act of searching for a voice will affect how they behave in different ways, so be brave. We are here for you.

Te
Thank you Te. I appreciate your advice :)

I'm going to lean a lot on here since Sue is leaving until the 16th of June.

I really do appreciate your support Te :)

E

Eigau

Glad to be of help Lincoln. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, or if you just need to talk post here.

Te

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you.

I can't help but wonder what I did to have voices. Who did I make mad? They make my life so hard. Extremely hard. I can hardly concentrate on others because of them.

E

Eigau

Hi Lincoln, I think the key to any life experience is what we learn from it. Just look at how strong you seem to be when you come through a difficult time with the voices. At first with a Screamer that I had, I would speak consolingly and say that I was sorry they were feeling so strongly and felt the need to scream it. Acknowledging the voice and it's issue can help. Sometimes the issue makes sense, other times the issue doesn't make sense but because you showed that you cared can affect small changes and eventually they can all add up. So try to focus on the word compassion for the voices, if it's the only thing you can hold on to. Hold on to that. It may not make any sense right now. But it may do later on.

Te

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you TE.

I think I need to change my outlook on my voices. Instead of being a hinderance, maybe they can be helpful. They have helped in some situations. So they aren't all bad.