• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Years Being Sad

JessisMe

JessisMe

My ‘intention’ on writing all that is that after a while of not socializing or fitting in, it’s becomes very difficult to adjust for whatever reason. Not feeling like you belong is depressing and I was like this since I remember. Sometimes I think I’ve got some form of Aspergers which is a form of autism.
I’m truly sorry if anything in my post offended you. It honestly was the last thing I wanted to do.
I’m not offended at all. I sincerely appreciate the caring time and words you put into such a thoughtful response. And yes, I agree that after a time of being an outsider, for whatever reason, it kind of sticks and you do become a self fulfilling prophecy to an extent and it just becomes harder and harder to blend. It’s one reason I enjoy the forums so much: it kind of offers a sense of community that I don’t have access to in other places. Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. :hug:

K

karl7

As a person who suffers from depression I am often sad and do not take part in other pleasurable things that “regular” people do. I don’t go out, party, I have never dated with frequency, I have never married, had kids and I have very few friends. I think through all of this depression had me focused more on the negative and had a hard time seeing normal people activities as pleasurable. Looking back I can see how much I missed out on at least in part due to depression. Does anyone else feel this way?
As a person who suffers from depression I am often sad and do not take part in other pleasurable things that “regular” people do. I don’t go out, party, I have never dated with frequency, I have never married, had kids and I have very few friends. I think through all of this depression had me focused more on the negative and had a hard time seeing normal people activities as pleasurable. Looking back I can see how much I missed out on at least in part due to depression. Does anyone else feel this way?
yesh depression cost me my 20's....it waas a tough time, i lost all my freinds and in the mean time have not managed to replace them, depression sucks

J

Johntron9999

I’m not offended at all. I sincerely appreciate the caring time and words you put into such a thoughtful response. And yes, I agree that after a time of being an outsider, for whatever reason, it kind of sticks and you do become a self fulfilling prophecy to an extent and it just becomes harder and harder to blend. It’s one reason I enjoy the forums so much: it kind of offers a sense of community that I don’t have access to in other places. Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. :hug:
Yes I'm the same way.... I'm 30 and ice had depression and anxiety since about 17 years old so I stayed in played video games and didn't experience alot of things. I have had girls and flings and went to a few parties but I having depression kept me so isolated. Didn't go to college didn't do alot of things I have zero kids. But honestly I don't know if it's the depression talking or just I'm interested but I don't even want the headache of kids and a wife who potentially could end in a divorce with money being split up and I never have liked school I could care less about sitting in some classroom in college. I don't enjoy that type of social environment. Oh well we all have are own philosophy on how to live our lives and I'm a maverick for sure. I deffiniley do get caught in sad thoughts thinking what if tho.....when u treat your depression tho you don't dwell on these thoughts... I know first hand after taking SSRIs it got me out of a huge depression pit. How are ur thoughts today?

Keesha

Keesha

A009F91D-DD21-4DAA-830B-43D9AD21B952.png

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yes I'm the same way.... I'm 30 and ice had depression and anxiety since about 17 years old so I stayed in played video games and didn't experience alot of things. I have had girls and flings and went to a few parties but I having depression kept me so isolated. Didn't go to college didn't do alot of things I have zero kids. But honestly I don't know if it's the depression talking or just I'm interested but I don't even want the headache of kids and a wife who potentially could end in a divorce with money being split up and I never have liked school I could care less about sitting in some classroom in college. I don't enjoy that type of social environment. Oh well we all have are own philosophy on how to live our lives and I'm a maverick for sure. I deffiniley do get caught in sad thoughts thinking what if tho.....when u treat your depression tho you don't dwell on these thoughts... I know first hand after taking SSRIs it got me out of a huge depression pit. How are ur thoughts today?
My thoughts today go back and forth between regrets of the past and trying to distract myself with activities in the present.

Bluebox11

Bluebox11

I've never been to nightclubs and only been to very few parties. I'm not very social at all. I've got a few friends. I haven't dated alot either. My depression and anxiety is partly to blame.