• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Years after bulimia

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Ive had eating disorder since i was about 8 years old. I got bulimia when i was about 16 to 25. Ive not had bulimia for about 6 years now. Ive had few one off slip ups over those 6 years but only very few. Im now more in restrictive dieting phase i guess.

Heres my thing and question. When i had bulimia i became so good at being sick, it was just in my throat and i could make myself sick so easy i didnt have do anything i could just make it come up easy.

Now even 6 years on from bulimia i still have that feeling in back my throat every time i eat that its there and so easy that i could do it and make it come up so easy. Its so triggering and i have ignore it every time. Its worse with certain trigger foods that id purposely used to use to help me be sick or found easier to throw up.

Does that feeling ever go away?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Have you had a tube put down your throat to check it is ok?
I have heard of the stomach acids irritating the lining of the gullet? deep down.
Maybe you can take something to line it? Omeprazole is it good for that?
I would see your doctor and ask for be referred to the hospital

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Have you had a tube put down your throat to check it is ok?
I have heard of the stomach acids irritating the lining of the gullet? deep down.
Maybe you can take something to line it? Omeprazole is it good for that?
I would see your doctor and ask for be referred to the hospital
I was on those kinds of tablets for a month long before by my doctor because the last year and half i get stomach pain when eating too but the lansoprazole and omeprazople i tried both for 4 weeks each neither changed that feeling in my throat or the stomach ache i get. They say i just have inflammatory problems in my tummy now.they dont think its a acid issue. But i never mentioned the thing about food still feeling like its at back my throat easy to come up easy i did mention i feel sick after eating though. But this has been constant ever since i stopped having bulimia and not just since my stomach ache issues. Maybe its just me any a behaviour ive learnt to do i dunno.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I was on those kinds of tablets for a month long before by my doctor because the last year and half i get stomach pain when eating too but the lansoprazole and omeprazople i tried both for 4 weeks each neither changed that feeling in my throat or the stomach ache i get. They say i just have inflammatory problems in my tummy now.they dont think its a acid issue. But i never mentioned the thing about food still feeling like its at back my throat easy to come up easy i did mention i feel sick after eating though. But this has been constant ever since i stopped having bulimia and not just since my stomach ache issues. Maybe its just me any a behaviour ive learnt to do i dunno.
Maybe it is psychological? Are you able to get to talk to a psychologist?
Acupuncture?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I hope in time this feeling will go away.
There are so many reminders of everything so i can imagine that eating would make you feel like this.