• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Xmas Luv n' Hate

D

difficult

I love christmas cause all the bright lights and tinsel that adorn places that are usually so dull. I love passing by houses that have trees in the window and all looks so cosy. People are also more friendly - or is that my imagination? I know this is capitalism gone crazy time.... But....

I also hate this time of year cause for me it is also a knife edge. I love family - or the idea of it , but every time I do the right thing by going home it always triggers a bad episode. This year I decided to stay put despite the consequences . I'll miss everyone, but I'll be safe from harm.

I know folks here say family is important in helping us deal with our illness - but it depends on if you got a shit family or not. This year I'm looking forward to waking up - whenever time - and going for a walk in empty streets. If that makes sense?

Enjoy the space and Happy xmas to all

N

Nicola09

I know exactly what you mean, i'm ALWAYS triggered too - so for me I find it's best to spend it alone. Have a nice chilled out day! x