Writing times, and ticking them off?

C

Coward

Is this related to OCD?
I like to write down future times with a tick box next to it, like "4:03pm" and then I'd tick it once I pass that time.

I've started doing it on often occasions.

I'm pretty sure I have OCD, but not because of this.

maxitab

maxitab

Maybe, maybe it's just one of the things that makes you unique. I count windows, but I don't have OCD.

blacktulip

blacktulip

I count number plates and add up letters in words when people are talking to me, i dont think im OCD either my partner just says its all part of my magic :)

C

Coward

lol :)

I guess I'm normal.

And about the window thing, wow, I usually look for the windows/doors. Don't really count them though :)

nutri

nutri

Is this related to OCD?
I like to write down future times with a tick box next to it, like "4:03pm" and then I'd tick it once I pass that time.
May be this is a kind of reassurance?

C

coraline1664

Hi,

I do things like that too- it doesn't bother me. I think that if it doesn't cause any problems for you & you are not distressed by it, then it's nothing to worry about. That sort of quirk would probably be considered an OCD symptom by psychiatrists, but you don't automatically need help with it because it's under this label. If it is taking up all your energy and you can't do other activites because you are waiting for these times, then it would be an issue and need some attention. Trust your own feelings on the matter, you know yourself better than any psychatrist does. :)

Best Wishes

Last edited: