• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Writing rthymes to describe bad times.

B

Bozzer

Hey peeps, just signed up. We all have our weird coping mechanisms and mine is writing down how i'm feeling in poetry. Hope you like it and can realte to it, and remember, however hopeless you feel, it DOES pass however unimaginable it might seem. Love to all my brothers and sisters of the mentally ill variety. We may suffer, but together we can get through it. Anyway, hope you like my writings.

Please stop my self destruction,
Please help me cope with this despair,
Please hold me when i'm crying,
When i'm angry, please beware,

Please don't give up on me,
No matter how much i push you away,
Please reassure me and console me,
When the loose ends come out and fray,

Please know inside i'm fighting,
The demons, self doubt and pain,
Please understand i cant control it,
Please don't make me explain again,

Please recognise my struggle,
Please see what pain i'm in,
Please don't ask what's wrong with me,
I wouldn't know where to begin.

D

djooj

Hi Bozzer, Welcome to the forum.

Impressive words but sorry too

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
I like your creative way of expressing yourself - though sorry you're struggling with difficult feelings.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

Is there a poetry thread on the forum somewhere I haven't yet found? I think it could be a good idea - because poems are relatively short and easy to read and can be very powerfully expressive, allowing people to vent or express painful emotions.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

That's a neat idea! I think poetry is a great form of expression. It lets you open up about beliefs, feelings, struggles, thoughts or whatever in a quick lovely artful way.

I've got quite a few poems scribbled down in various notebooks in my room but I don't really have any intention of showing them to anybody. I'm not confident enough in my ability to let others see it.

Jaminacaranda

Jaminacaranda

That's a neat idea! I think poetry is a great form of expression. It lets you open up about beliefs, feelings, struggles, thoughts or whatever in a quick lovely artful way.

I've got quite a few poems scribbled down in various notebooks in my room but I don't really have any intention of showing them to anybody. I'm not confident enough in my ability to let others see it.
I never meant it to be about what's 'good' or 'bad' just a vehicle for people to express how they feel. Ability wouldn't have to come into it.