• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Writer, fresh out of the hospital, working on my PTSD

M

MO1

Hi. I'm Matt. I live in the states, formerly someone working in the mental health field in department of corrections. Currently a Lyft driver, struggling author (I've published several books with moderate success, but nothing that allows me to continue it as a full time gig), looking for work to support myself and my kids. Also recently split from my children's mother.
Struggling with a lot. I started blogging about my visit to a mental health facility when I got to a point where I was seriously considering suicide.
I'm doing a lot better. Been attending AA meetings (I'm a recovering addict with almost 6 years of sobriety) and starting to build community so I don't feel so alone. Looking to communicate with those who are familiar with and know my struggle. Thanks!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hello and :welcome: to the forum. You should be proud to have been through so much and come out the other end with a positive attitude. I am diagnosed Bipolar and know depression all too well and understand the suicidal feelings. I am British so don't know what the US medical system is like with admittance to hospital. Is it OK or not?

Anyway look around and see where you want to post in the future. Nice to meet you.

M

MO1

Thank you Calypso! The US medical system is give and take. I was fortunate to get into a fairly positive support system within the medical community I'm a part of. There were some communication issues that made a few things difficult, but overall it was relatively positive. I don't think it would've been good had I been in a different state/part of the country, but my care was pretty good.
And thank you for reaching out :)

tragicpink

tragicpink

congratulations on nearly 6 years of sobriety! good for you. hope things keep looking up for you. I myself also struggle with ptsd and have dealt with suicidality in the past. youre not alone!