• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

WRAP

yodel

yodel

Founding Member
Has anyone had experience of writing their own Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)?

yodel :grouphug:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
I have not done this Yodel but I did recently come across WRAP on the web and downloaded their action plan. It looks quite interesting but haven't got any further with it. I see that there are loads of workshops in my nearest city connected to WRAP but it's 60 miles away so not much cop.

yodel

yodel

Founding Member
Hi Ashami :)

It probably something you could do on your own, I was led to believe it's very personal.

Are you into angels and crystals etc.. you seem to be?

yodel x :hug:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Yes I am yodel. I take an interest in anything new-age altho' there are limits to what I can take seriously. Forget the UFO / alien stuff, walking on hot coals is...well....pointless, and those people who sit crossed-legged and bounce around are not my thing either :LOL:

Angels, reincarnation, Dreams, Astrology and spiritual development / personal growth are my main interests.

And u?

yodel

yodel

Founding Member
Ashami :hug:

Yes I do believe in such things and used to go to a spitualist church, but day to day life as taken over. I have experienced Reiki and crystal therapy and both worked for me. I have lots of mother of pearl, amber and jade jewellery and wear them when my mood takes it.

These are the things that when writing a WRAP you could include as wellness tools I guess.

Hoping to help my husband with his WRAP when he is feeling better.

yodel :clap:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Yes I agree Yodel, all these things can be included in the recovery plan.

For me the very best therapy is music. Listening, composing,

Re: WRAP when your husband feels better and you make a start we could evaluate it's effectiveness together here. Now that you've brought it up I shall take a look later, many thanks! :D

yodel

yodel

Founding Member
Yes Ashami :)

I would be happy to share my experiences of helping him write a WRAP plan. I have access to the WRAP documentation as I currently share an office with Occupational Therapists (mental health), and so will be photocoping it this week.

yodel :clap:

Bikerbabe

Bikerbabe

Just stumbled upon this thread and even though its very old thought I would put my spoke in.

We have just started getting WRAPs into our local area. I was lucky my CPN helped me develop my WRAP and although it didn't stop me taking a serious o/d recently it has helped me recognise my triggers and things that help. The staff on the in-patient ward also took an interest in my WRAP when my son brought it in for me. (We had only just finished it so it hadn't got into my file). We also have a local group that meets once a week that is run by volunteers but supported by a Mind worker and an OT from our CMHT. Even with this group, there are too many people in our local area that never get to find out about WRAP and recovery as their workers (CMHT) are too focused on a cup of tea and chat about medication management. My friend is gloomy about her future as her worker doesn't give her any support/advice/signposting to help her recover. Her worker just keeps telling her she will always be ill and need to take tablets.

I am not feeling too good myself at the mo, so this sounds quite gloomy, but to try and put a positive spin on this. If you haven't heard of WRAP or done one yet, do one, or find out about them! They do help!
(y)