• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Would you lie in this situation?

porkpie

porkpie

If you went to a fancy South Indian restaurant and ordered the most expensive thing on the menu (2 Lobster Malabari) and the waiter started making light conversation while you were waiting for the meal and he asked what you did for a living would you lie if you were on disability benefits and make up a job or would you tell him you received benefits?

Attachments

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'd avoid the issue in fact did it today with the aa mechanic who got my scooter started, though he phoned up at my girlfriends and my girlfriend well he would have noticed

He said theres degrees with these things

porkpie

porkpie

Ramboghettouk - At first I thought you meant mobility scooter then I thought why would you need the AA lol, then I twigged. I used to ride a Honda C90 back in the day, Loved that bike!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe i could be accused of putting my girlfriend down, i was surprised she handled the call from the aa mechanic at her place so well whilst i was out, my sisters right i should have more respect for her, unfortunately respecting women isn;t the way to have your depraved way with them

And you shouldn;t have assumed mobility scooter either

Davey Blueeyes

Davey Blueeyes

If you REALLY want to lay it on, when he serves the lobster look down at it, do a double take and say to it with tears in your eyes "Pinky, is that you?!..."

Hehehe, free lobster I reckon!

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
you could say your an eccentric millionairre, remember howard hughes

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
and of course if you do lie that is covering up the fact there are people on benefits in the community been tarred as scroungers

Not so long ago a friend would take groups of people who'd come out of hospital to restuarents like that, the idea was they'd go on to do it by themselves and no one used the word scrounger about them