• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

would therapy and or medicine help this issue?

M

markn1996

so i finally reached my breaking point and got sick and tired of my social anxiety holding me back from being single all my life for 6 or so years, so i scheduled an appointment with a therapist this saturday and this is also my first time seeing one. otherwise i am going to keep getting mad and frustrated that i don’t have one and being depressed all the time. so i was wondering, could my therapist possibly put me on some anti anxiety medicine that will help me cold approach some girls at a coffee shop or grocery store wherever? i just want my social anxiety to be gone and for good! it affects my everyday life. thanks all.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Taking a break
so i finally reached my breaking point and got sick and tired of my social anxiety holding me back from being single all my life for 6 or so years, so i scheduled an appointment with a therapist this saturday and this is also my first time seeing one. otherwise i am going to keep getting mad and frustrated that i don’t have one and being depressed all the time. so i was wondering, could my therapist possibly put me on some anti anxiety medicine that will help me cold approach some girls at a coffee shop or grocery store wherever? i just want my social anxiety to be gone and for good! it affects my everyday life. thanks all.
if i was you i would just use youtube for psychology and self help instead of a therapist. which you can get free and alone.

when i was younger i used to look for whichever girl appear the most shy and pathetic then i would approach her. since i had approach anxiety like you. i found alot that way lol. almost all young people want a romantic relationship. most young people have some amount of anxiety and think its normal to be nervous approaching or dating. so they will tolerate it from you and realize you will become more relaxed after a week of knowing them. and they expect you realize that as well and will tolerate it from them at first as well.

jajingna

jajingna

Sure, both of those could help. At the least they're not going to make things worse, anyway.

M

markn1996

if i was you i would just use youtube for psychology and self help instead of a therapist. which you can get free and alone.

when i was younger i used to look for whichever girl appear the most shy and pathetic then i would approach her. since i had approach anxiety like you. i found alot that way lol. almost all young people want a romantic relationship. most young people have some amount of anxiety and think its normal to be nervous approaching or dating. so they will tolerate it from you and realize you will become more relaxed after a week of knowing them. and they expect you realize that as well and will tolerate it from them at first as well.
i would rather get put on medicine from a therapist.