• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Would the world be better if we were nicer to each other about illicit drugs?

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

It seems to me logical that everyone would be nicer to each other if we were allowed to take drugs together. I remember raves back in the late nineties early 2000's and they were some of the friendliest people. I think the availability of ecstasy was a huge factor in that. We liked each other so much we had after parties till like thru the next day. I wish the government would sell us one recreational drug like that a month at a drug store with an ID as a sort of drug vacation. If pot was legal and we stopped arguing about it like we hate each other, wouldn't we all just be so much happier? I know people will bring up death and crime, but the once a month vacation idea would regulate dosage to avoid death, as well as take away the going to get it criminal element. I know I'm ecstatic when a friend has an adderall for me, hasn't happened in years but I always enjoy the fun time on the drug and it breaks monotony. Just looking forward to your monthly drug vacation could cure depression, let alone the social culture you would experience.

EdEd

EdEd

I'm glad that certain drugs are illegal.. I got schizophrenia from drug use.. sleep deprivation, malnourishment, and dehydration.. I think the world would be a far better place if certain drugs didnt exsist at all..

EdEd

EdEd

Or if we were warned in school that the drug use could cause schizophrenia.. like increased awareness would be pretty cool.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

I'm glad that certain drugs are illegal.. I got schizophrenia from drug use.. sleep deprivation, malnourishment, and dehydration.. I think the world would be a far better place if certain drugs didnt exsist at all..
Which drugs are you talking about? I mentioned them all except for codeine and psychedelics. even those could be related to a school, psychedelics I don't totally advocate.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Or if we were warned in school that the drug use could cause schizophrenia.. like increased awareness would be pretty cool.
A monthly vacation program would have full explanations of effects scientific and observation. It would be distributed by gov't so that would take away some of the paranoia around being a person who is involved with drugs. I could see it as a real holiday experience to have once a month. I would look forward to it so much. Drugs are key.

P

Purpleplum

Did the grunge crowd in the 90's who were doing ecstasy do anything with their life?
Chris Cornell, Shannon Hoon, Chester Bennington and Kurt Cobain all are dead now. That doesn't sound like much fun.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

maybe if we had an enlightened science behind each stigma to each drug they wouldn't be so dangerous. I would give out safe proportions and avoid the overdose it would be safe. Maybe its a bad idea! Maybe people would collect one each month until they have too many to sell or something. I don't know how it would effect crime. Maybe its a program you would have to apply for. Again I don't advocate the use of every drug that is out there.

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What drugs caused you schizophrenia?

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i was thinking of voting liberal in my area but the liberal candidate was in favour of legalising cannabis so that was the end of that the liberal candidate was probably after the votes of those hippy therapists in hampstead, then there are all the affro carribean users in my area, for whatever reason pine ward is mainly full of black people

O

On Fire

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I don't support the legalisation of cannabis. Should be kept illegal. Very bad for mental health.

Mr.NiceGuy

Mr.NiceGuy

Yeah I guess it might make me paranoid a little. but cannabis isn't worth the underground. It makes me sick a little thinking about it though. Cannabis has no effect on me. Only what's going on.

L

lifecangetbetter

I don't support the legalisation of cannabis. Should be kept illegal. Very bad for mental health.
it should be legal over alcohol any day. people black out on alcohol and do horrible things. i mean HORRIBLE. ted bundy always used to get drunk before he killed and raped women

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
but prohibition failed to control alcohol and led to serious crime, cannabis it's harder to produce in countrys were the sunlight stops it flowering, alcohol you can produce easily, as a home brew guy i know how easy

ht46

ht46

Drug use was a factor in my getting schizophrenia as well, but these days I'm pretty much symptom free and have been smoking a little weed I know I'm playing with fire but I don't think weed can put me in any situation I can't handle. I know if I have too much I become hyper vigilant, but the situation which led me to psychosis is in the past now as long as I don't go speculating about what happened in my past I'm more or less fine. The biggest negative impact weed has on me is short term memory to be honest it barely effects me at all I don't really feel that hi. I don't think people would go for a drug vacation they're too stigmatised and people are too set in their views of a straight edge life style they deem anything that differs to theirs as sniffing glue I think to a degree.

But in places through europe and the US and the the rest of the world I think the govt needs to step up and help addicts more it's tragic how some people live fix to fix from such a young age or turned addict via prescription, I'm leaning towards all drugs should just be legal and treated as a medical issue over criminal most of the dealers don't care that's why people are dying from shooting up elephant tranquilliser. IMO.