• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Would increasing my Seroquel XR dosage from 300mg to 400mg help my brain fog?

O

On Fire

Would increasing my Seroquel XR dosage from 300mg to 400mg help my brain fog?

I have problems with anxiety, and previously one episode of psychosis, for which I am taking 300mg each night of Seroquel XR. I still get anxiety (sometimes quite bad), fixated thoughts (far too many of them), and a little paranoia. I am also suffering from severe brain fog (difficulty concentrating and thinking), which carries through to sort of late afternoon each day, then gets better.

I spoke to my doctor, asking for an increase to 400mg in the hope that it would help me fixated thoughts and also reduce this tiredness brain fog/difficulty thinking. Am I correct in that increasing the dosage would bizarrely actually decrease this brain fog effect?

I keep reading contradictory information across the internet. My doctor thought an increase to 400mg, would actually make things with my brain fog worse, but is he actually wrong?

Many thanks for any help.

BillFish

BillFish

I have problems with anxiety, and previously one episode of psychosis, for which I am taking 300mg each night of Seroquel XR. I still get anxiety (sometimes quite bad), fixated thoughts (far too many of them), and a little paranoia. I am also suffering from severe brain fog (difficulty concentrating and thinking), which carries through to sort of late afternoon each day, then gets better.

I spoke to my doctor, asking for an increase to 400mg in the hope that it would help me fixated thoughts and also reduce this tiredness brain fog/difficulty thinking. Am I correct in that increasing the dosage would bizarrely actually decrease this brain fog effect?

I keep reading contradictory information across the internet. My doctor thought an increase to 400mg, would actually make things with my brain fog worse, but is he actually wrong?

Many thanks for any help.
What do you mean by brain fog mate? Short term memory loss leading to moderate impact on your functioning? That's a classic symptom of ptsd or severe stress.I have short term memory loss due to ptsd. And you've decided to head to this forum for medical advice from some random mentally ill people?

Last edited:
O

On Fire

What do you mean by brain fog mate? Short term memory loss leading to moderate impact on your functioning? That's a classic symptom of ptsd or severe stress.I have short term memory loss due to ptsd. And you've decided to head to this forum for medical advice from some random mentally ill people?
Bill, that is a good point - my poor memory and difficulty concentrating could well be down to stress. I was not sure if it was the medication (Seroquel) or stress.

What is wrong with asking opinions of apparently mentally ill people? Surely they are more likely to have relevant experience? Are mentally ill people somehow less valid, authoritative or truthful?

T

thrill

On Fire
I have to agree with you.

talking to other service users with similar experiences is sometimes the best.

much more likely to have compassion for madness.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Schizophrenia Forum 17