• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worst thing you have done while depressed?

A

Affective

When my high mood had gone and I had become psychotic and depressed I was convinced people were going to kill me. So I attempted suicide which ended terribly. In hospital they made me swallow charcoal and I was allergic to the antidote. I damaged my liver but thankfully it regenerated and strangely I wasn't sectioned!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mad as a hatter

why the heck would u want 2 be sectioned ne way it,s horrid 2 months i suffered couldn,t get away from them never again i,m allergig 2 parvalex they give u for paracetomel overdose

A

Affective

why the heck would u want 2 be sectioned ne way it,s horrid 2 months i suffered couldn,t get away from them never again i,m allergig 2 parvalex they give u for paracetomel overdose
No I didn't say I wanted to be sectioned. I am glad I wasn't! I heard it's truly horrible.

I was allergic to that chemical you mentioned but it still protected my liver.

N

Nutter_09

I also tried to OD a few times but can't really remember it. The worst time I remember was getting drunk at 8am and then freaking out, not getting a doc app so walked all the way their and caused a riot in the waiting room!
Funny now I look back but not at the time.
Luckly I am much better now - just hope everyone else can get help and be able to look back in years to come.

X

M

mad as a hatter

i,m glad ur better they had 2 give me cause i,d took a lot off tablets so i had no choice the effects off parvalex was horrid the room spun for 8 hrs it was terrifying horrid stuff i have took a couple overdoses since but not as much tablets didn,t mk ne odds that stuff still made me exstremly ill i,ll never forget it i don,t want go through that again

L

Lost.Boy

The worst thing I think I have done and still do sometimes is drive without regard for my own or others safety when i'm really down, i've driven on the ragged edge plenty of times while in a seriously morbid frame of mind, I guess this is a sort of self harming, or at least an attempt at it.

miana

miana

I havent done anything major as when im depressed i usually shut myself in the house and dont go anywhere now..

But over the years i have done things through anger/depression that i wouldnt have done in a 'normal' state of mind.

I have taken an overdose about 4 yrs ago, and had quite a bad allergic reaction to Parvolex. That was horrible and i wouldnt do it again!

I tend to be very quiet when im depressed now, i dont see or speak to anyone, just shut my cutains and stay home. Im on my own with my children so i have to control it for them and keep myself as sane as possible! :unsure: lol

L

lozza

Hey am new to the site so. Hi all am lauren.

The worst thing i have done well... i took a big OD that could have killed me and rather then going straight to A&E i left it 2 days as am a little scared of hospital's since i have been depressed and then i was threaten that my parents would be told so went, by a friend who knew. Had parvalex drip in me for 12 hours. stayed in for one and a half days and my parents did find out :(

Last edited:
W

whatstheproblem?

Was a support worker - stole all the service users meds, left them all in the house alone (adults with learning disabilities) and just Walked out with a bag full of medication... Which I then swallowed. In hospital for a few days - my family thought i was brain damaged as couldn't speak, could barely move and one of my eyes was totally fucked. Walked out of hospital and some how managed to get home. What a mess.. Selfish fucker..

A

Affective

Had parvalex drip in me for 12 hours. stayed in for one and a half days and my parents did find out :(
I had that drip in me for about 5 days I think! I was so allergic to it that my face was swollen and had little blood blotches on me.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Told my ex-boyfriend to frick off on a night out (he was going anyway but I screamed at him to leave.

Mania wise... emptied my friends CD/DVD collection into the sick and 'washed' them all in lemonade too debug them :unsure: funny now, but she strapped me to the bed for an hour or so at the time :oops:

K

Kate31

worst thing ever did..

Feb 08 i was severely depressed and left my husband a suicide note and wrote one of my parents, od'd and spent a few months in hospital.

C

CrashtestMummy

cannot really remember exactly everything I did.

I suspect a some and if not all of my illness has been contained by a helpful BF ( he's a psych nurse) not sure how useful this is and whether he made it worse

G

gothicminx

Attempted suicide but luckily my rational mind came back long enough for me to realise that it would be my poor fiancé who would have to find e and there was no way I could do that to him.