• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Worst Medication

A

Affective

Which medication worked the worst for you? I have been on Fluoxetine, Zyprexa, Seroquel, Diazepam, Lorazepam, Aripiprazole, Effexor and Carbamazepine. And I can say the worst for me were Olanzapine, Prozac and Seroquel, I really hated them! I am currently on Aripiprazole, Effexor and Carbamazepine, which work great for me.

M

mad as a hatter

Hate carbamazipine gives me bad headaches been on olanzipine that worked well but again side effects i slept on all day with it risperidone doesn,t reallly tk all my voices away really

BillFish

BillFish

Depixol injection, it was a week of absolute torture, with a stiff aching body, high fever and insomnia. With the urge to keep shuffling around the house while I groaned. It’s the only time I’ve refused meds point blank.:eek:

A

antipsionic

Huge doses of Haloperidol, mixed with Risperidone (Risperidone on its own works well for me now). I was shaking so badly and my muscles were so locked up I couldn't even put my own shoes on or get out of bed without help.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
respiradone made me a complete zonked out and unable to function. seroxat i got PHYSICALLY ADDICITED TO AND HAD TO COME OFF WITH TERRIBLE WITHDRAWALS. nothing to do with an addictive personality they do that to everyone took me 2 weeks of hell to get off them. OLANZAPINE that drug made my weight baloon and knocked me out cold. now i'm on citralopram and seroquel good stuff.:D

A

antipsionic

Funny thing is Diddy, unless I take a tablet of Risperidone on top of my injection I don't feel zonked at all, now Seroquel, that just knocks me for six, just goes to show there is more art than science to Psychiatry because of the fact that people with the same diagnosis can react very differently to the same drug.

BillFish

BillFish

Risperdal works so well for me now, I've started to forget I have schizophrenia at all and just get on with family life, showing little if any overt symptoms or behavior’s. I still have the delusion I'm the most good looking hunk out there though.:p

A

antipsionic

I still suffer from bouts of paranoia and sometimes think I'm having telepathic conversations with people but I don't hear there voice either inside or outside my head like I used to, I feel well enough to go to college and learn something new for the first time in years. I also have bad bouts of anxiety.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
bil fish thats not a bad delusion to have can i swap?? lol anti yeah it does all work differently for different people ive met people before to whom speed makes them all calm and chilled.

A

Akili

Worst medication

Medicine has always been an art dressed up as science. Any good shrink admits the drugs are blunt tools, sledgehammers to break nuts etc(!). NO atypical suited me, olanzapine I ate for england, respiridone, sent me to hell, qiuetepine made my heart sick. I'm stuck on 20 - 30mg stelazine, some jaw clicking, face chewing and onset (slow) of cogwheel rigidity (wish it was cartwheel stupidity instead). A very sexy young thing suggested sulpride. ANy comments? Another pal swears by clozapine, but thats supposed to be very toxic. Suggestions?:confused:

A

Apotheosis

A very sexy young thing suggested sulpride. ANy comments?
Lets face it - all meds are pretty crap. At best they are like a sticking plaster for a gaping wound, & at worst, the meds make us far more ill than we ever were in the first place.

I have been taking Amisulpride for around 12 years - it is very similar to Sulpride. As these medicines go, & from what I can look into, I think that as a lesser of Evils, it is one of the less damaging anti psychotics. But don't take my word for it.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
think that i am happy to live in a time where these medicines are available in the past people would have just had to suffer without any relief from the syptoms at all they didnt have the option.:rolleyes:

Wendy

Wendy

Hi there,I agree with apothesis most antipsychotics are shit,I've had my fair share of them.
Now on amisulpiride,only prob is it's stopped my period.
My worst experience was years ago on Prozac ,I was at a wedding party only having had a few small bottles of beer,proceeded to throw up for about 2 hours then I suddenley went blind!
This did wear of after an ambulance was called they said it was a bad reaction with the Prozac ,and a couple of hours rest .
Wendy x