• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Worst day of my life

Halloween66

Hello, I really don't know why i'm posting my sad self pity story but I keep ending up in these terrible positions and it's scaring the hell out of me. Maybe I can re-read this before I ever try something so stupid again as throwing away my medications.

So I was switching medications >Under psychs orders< and I kinda got messed up in the head and flushed my medication. I had already been having a really bad track record with medication for years. I have really bad cognitive issues, it's kinda like that movie A Beautiful Mind, I just get totally fake and irrational thoughts out of nowhere and they are impossible to shake.

So on the third day after flushing my meds I have not slept the whole time but 2 hours just before posting this and I've just come back from the hospital after I went because i'm basically feeling psychotic as hell. The people were really nice and good to talk to but it's the same sort of thing that always happens to me.. I'm there, begging for help, with them basically saying okay bye..

They gave me refills for a week and called it into a pharmacy that isn't even open today, there was one that was but they assured me this one that isn't open was. Ugh!!
Kind of a joke the healthcare system, they cater only to those well enough to be treated, the ones like me just falls through the cracks and end up dead.

Anyways, can't get my meds until tommorow, and i'm currently in the middle of a panick attack. Happy thanksgiving! lol

G

GardenCat

Hi, I'm so sorry you had to deal with all that in the moment when you needed help. I hope you managed to get your re-fill by now and that you are feeling better. It must be difficult to deal with taking medication. Did you find a system that works for you,? maybe something to hold you accountable and also help you see the progress? Pill box with week days helped me see that "it is going somewhere" because I was able to see that I managed to take a full week of medication at the endnof the week, and it gave me a feeling og accomplishment. I hope you can find a system that works for you.
and one more time, I'm sooooo sorry you had to deal with the medical system in a moment of struggle. It's difficult enough to deal with them on a good day.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm sorry to read about your experience and medication. I hope it all will be ok.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Sounds awful! I hope you got your meds and got back on track. I’ve flushed a lot of stuff, notes, alcohol, cigarettes, my meds, all stemming from my paranoia and delusions. I liked the way you put the idea of delusions. That they are thoughts trapped in our head and we can’t get them out. Very cool.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Why is life the worst? Mental Health Experiences 48
B worst week of my life Mental Health Experiences 5
L One of the worst things Mental Health Experiences 5
Annelis I feel like I'm the worst... Mental Health Experiences 9
JessisMe Worst Experiences in Romance Mental Health Experiences 8
Newstartformetoday Which is your worst? The mental anguish or the physics manifestation of anxiety/depression Mental Health Experiences 18
L My mind has taken a turn for the worst Mental Health Experiences 7
H What is/are the worst thing/s you have had done? Mental Health Experiences 17
A My worst fear happened yesterday Mental Health Experiences 5
Oceankeeping Reliving past in the worst way:( Mental Health Experiences 7
H Just had the worst anxiety attack so far Mental Health Experiences 2
KnightWolf Worst "Dream" ever... Mental Health Experiences 16
B Ruined my life Mental Health Experiences 34
S All i ever do is get heartbroken... life seems so pointless Mental Health Experiences 7
T Why life is great Mental Health Experiences 1
J Why am I feeling everything is connected and my life is a book that's already being written? Mental Health Experiences 8
S My life time story! Mental Health Experiences 3
S The day my life changed for the better! Mental Health Experiences 1
T What do u think happens after life?? Mental Health Experiences 81
K Life is falling apart Mental Health Experiences 5
S I don't understand how life works Mental Health Experiences 30
M not a good home life, want to leave Mental Health Experiences 5
HannyC Getting life in order Mental Health Experiences 2
JetVoid If disparity was a way of life Mental Health Experiences 5
Lilly776 Life update today ( cancer ) Mental Health Experiences 29
R How to overcome the feeling of "standing still" in life and the feelings of "having" to succeed Mental Health Experiences 10
AppleJacks88 Life is a lot like "facing"... Mental Health Experiences 5
hORIzonFINK210 is it life you focus on? Mental Health Experiences 8
blacktulip Leading a double life Mental Health Experiences 2
A Getting to the same life level/rising above Mental Health Experiences 1
T Looking back on life Mental Health Experiences 8
O My life is worse Mental Health Experiences 3
T Life just better Mental Health Experiences 5
K Romance and Joy for life Mental Health Experiences 3
I Life Mental Health Experiences 5
hORIzonFINK210 life is NOT a choice Mental Health Experiences 3
T Life was so good ? Mental Health Experiences 3
Amelia2020 Do some mental illnesses develop later in life? Mental Health Experiences 3
T Life Mental Health Experiences 1
A My path in life right now Mental Health Experiences 1
Solitude1 I hate myself, my life and the situation I'm stuck in Mental Health Experiences 6
H Is it possible for a person unable to work due to mental health to eventually have a successful life and career? Mental Health Experiences 3
F My life is going nowhere. Mental Health Experiences 6
hORIzonFINK210 Is life advancing? Not so Mental Health Experiences 2
Ineedhelp2921 I hate my life right now Mental Health Experiences 2
hORIzonFINK210 Your thought life effects everything Mental Health Experiences 5
soulsearcher Coming to the realisation I'll be on meds for life Mental Health Experiences 23
S A little life advice, if you may share ? Mental Health Experiences 4
C Can’t do life anymore Mental Health Experiences 6
T I HATE MY LIFE ! Mental Health Experiences 21