• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

worsening of symptoms but it seems to make me happy?

D

danmarkok89

Hey!

In the last few months, after a stressful situation, I started having some positive symptoms again, although it's not severe and my insight has remained intact. At first, I thought "oh my god, not now. I can't handle all this again!" but somehow it even ended up getting worse and yet paradoxically I now seem totally ok with it, happy even, so much so in fact that it cheers me up and makes me smile? it always used to grate on me really badly (before I got diagnosed and started on meds that is) but now it seems like it's making me happy? maybe i've totally lost it? maybe i've just made my peace with it all and consigned myself to a life of being symptomatic and yet also being ok with it somehow. Has anyone else ever had anything like this before? Every morning I look forward to hearing something that isn't real and doing some mindfulness, how messed up is that? oh well I guess i shouldn't complain, I don't mind having symptoms if they don't bother me

D

danmarkok89

to be fair though, historically speaking, I feel that whenever my symptoms have ever been really bad, Someone was either threatening or intimidating me or trying to break into my flat after i tried growing some weed and I only made it worse by trying to arm myself which made me think a load of intelligence agencies were in on the attempted break in and i figured they'd be armed as well, my paranoia just spiralled completely out of control due to threats of violence and the police weren't magnificently helpful either which coupled with some negative experiences i had when I was younger and it just seems like the police are conspiring against me with all the intelligence agencies but now that all seems fine and I couldn't care less. It is certainly starting to look like the threat of the police coming to arrest me over a bit of weed isn't helping either as I have used that to cope in the past and feeds into my persecutory complex which coupled with threats of violence and intimidation, even in my own home and it would certainly seem like that that is when my schizophrenia gets bad, what does everyone else think?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
whyoverandover (was mirrorImage123) Does anyone else feel symptoms are stronger for you, personally because your too empathic and caring? Schizophrenia Forum 4
Mothman Medications Make Negative Symptoms Worse Schizophrenia Forum 5
hORIzonFINK210 If your preoccupied dwelling on symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 1
D New here Severe negative symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 4
M What is your prodromal symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 2
A Symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 9
E negative symptoms - what helped? Schizophrenia Forum 5
F Negative Symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 10
E Have you experienced professionals accusing you of lying about psychotic symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 16
E Age you start experiencing psychotic symptoms to age of diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 9
T How do you guys deal with your symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 30
S Is some out there with Similar Symptoms ? Schizophrenia Forum 23
L Symptoms getting worse Schizophrenia Forum 29
B Negative symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Covering the bridge (not the tip) of the nose and symptoms of schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 15
S Silence and symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 2
micas Symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 2
N Negstive symptoms experience Schizophrenia Forum 1
K New symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 4
ht46 Alcohol and symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 10
hORIzonFINK210 Does your mood, impact your symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Negative Symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 6
hORIzonFINK210 vitality is not immune from react of the symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 0
M iSeem like I only getting the negative symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 1
M What is the different between depression and schizophrenia'negative symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 10
M Who suffer schizophrenia without positive symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 4
M I think that I only have nagative symptoms schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
hORIzonFINK210 Are side effects effecting symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 6
K What are your symptoms like? Schizophrenia Forum 2
hORIzonFINK210 focus on ourselves effects symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 0
Quijas6 Symptoms returning? Schizophrenia Forum 1
Micsodi Please give me some advice. Symptoms of Schizophrenia - in transition. In remission, truly, but I am at a Romanian hospital. Should I try for pension? Schizophrenia Forum 6
E Symptoms maybe? Schizophrenia Forum 1
3 How to go about schizophrenic symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 4
D Sz/sza cognitive symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 29
B Schizophrenia Symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 7
W weird symptoms my psychiatrist is ignoring. Schizophrenia Forum 12
vanish Breakthrough symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 7
E Physically symptoms anyone? Schizophrenia Forum 1
H Please help, what are these symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 12
J uncommon negative symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 4
7 Possible psychotic symptoms are the only thing keeping me from getting assessed for ADD. Feeling stuck Schizophrenia Forum 6
P What are your Symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 11
M Question About Symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 6
boudreauj4 Does lack of sleep cause increased symptoms for you? Schizophrenia Forum 1
S How to control the symptoms of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Persistent Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 12
D Symptoms Schizophrenia Forum 2
P Whats your symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 8
D What are your persistent symptoms that meds just can't get rid of fully? Schizophrenia Forum 5