• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Worsened OCD since COVID vaccine announced?

L

L1F3SUCK5

Hi,
So since the announcement that there’s been some vaccines developed for COVID-19 I’ve found myself a lot more anxious than I was before. Not only that but I’ve found my OCD is a lot worse and is getting worse too. I am pretty sure it’s because I’m petrified that someone from my family will get it and something really bad will happen to them before they can get the vaccine.
My parents are both Pharmacists so they are and have been working on the frontline, I have a younger sister and she’s in secondary school, it’s just me and my brother at home. So my OCD is very active and keeps telling me that they will get it and they will die.
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

M

Mulligan

As I am sure you know, worrying about the what if won’t help one way or another, though I know the obsession to do so. Are all your family taking the necessary precautions about COVID? Can you talk to your family about these feelings? This might help. Are you seeing a therapist? And what do you fear about a family member getting Covid? That they might die? Might be a opportunity for some self reflexition about why this bothers you so much.

L

L1F3SUCK5

As I am sure you know, worrying about the what if won’t help one way or another, though I know the obsession to do so. Are all your family taking the necessary precautions about COVID? Can you talk to your family about these feelings? This might help. Are you seeing a therapist? And what do you fear about a family member getting Covid? That they might die? Might be a opportunity for some self reflexition about why this bothers you so much.
Yes, my mum and dad both wear Masks and use hand sanitiser and wash they’re hands regularly. My sisters school won’t let them wear masks and some of the children and teachers there have caught COVID. I’m under a CMHT (community mental health team), I’m waiting to start RO-DBT in a couple months (was pushed back 3 months because of COVID). Yeah, I’m really scared they’ll catch it and get seriously ill or die from it.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Did I run over someone or do I have hit and run ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
W The Root of My Harm OCD — A Confession Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Girlfriend with Pure OCD - Please help!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N Ocd taking over my life in every way Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K OCD Experiences regarding Contamination/Sanitation Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L Pure OCD and problems with guilt. Sexuality problem Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Disgust-based OCD driving me crazy Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Should I get an OCD diagnosis before going to therapy? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
E Is this part of HOCD/SO-OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
MrBond007 Is it possible for those with OCD to get over their compulsions and fears? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Cheating ocd please help and respond Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
EddieH OCD Peripheral Staring/Private Staring Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Chain mail triggers my OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K is OCD about control Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B I think I may have OCD but I'm not sure if this behavior is typical. Avoidance of sun on face for fear of aging? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Very spesfic ocd everyone looks at me like im mad. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
C ocd / sexual/intimate / self to others contamination Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
jonjonzz47 Safety of others OCD thought - Please Help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
M Anyone have tips on how to recover OCD/Anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
N My Pure O and sensorimotor OCD experience Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
M Almost beated OCD but there is still one thing left Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
E What are you're sleeping habits like? Are they conditioned by OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M Triggers and OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
A Should i get tested for OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
P I think clomipramine made my ocd worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J false memory or real event OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
U Real event ocd - any success stories Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E Ocd promises to Gods. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
H Harm ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
H "Intimacy OCD"? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
P OCD about life events Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
C Contamination/Sexual OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
B Is this common with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
M Aftermath of OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T Ocd and pazuzu and pazuzuites Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Can mild checking be considered as OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
C Sexual OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
Junebug1223 Possible OCD symptoms? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
H Ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C false memory OCD messaging someone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
C Sexual OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
T I think I have OCD but I feel like a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
E Ocd and being a mum Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 26
A OCD: camera obsessions, someone else? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
E How to be effectively supportive to your partner who has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J How to support fiancé with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K How to Support my Boyfriend with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
C Pubic Hair Contamination OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Lavender_Rose OCD Knowledge Wanted Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
M Do i have OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1