• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worse attack ever

dogmom

dogmom

Today has not been a good day. i was in a Zoom meeting all day. I’m a teacher and I’m on a committee to launch Google Classroom for our district. After lunch, without any warning We were dived by our grade levels and told we had to make a presentation to give to the rest of the district in a couple weeks. it Just seemed to go downhill from there. While talking to my husband on the phone about a family issue, he starts telling me not to get anxious and to calm down. At that point I went into a full fledged panic attack. i became lightheaded and thought I was going to pass out. I could not catch my breath. I finally did settle down, but I feel out of sorts and still feel like I’m trying to breathe correctly.

it is so hard when you don’t have that support. I know it’s hard on him when I panic because he is 8 hours away. I have my best friend around, but so much you can do or say through text message. sometimes she doesn’t know what to say and I feel like I’m leaning on her too much. That is why I like this group. I can look through all the different post and think, “Yes, that happens to me, too!”

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am sorry you had a panic attack. It must have been so scary for you.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I just had one yesterday over the weather. Scary stuff. What ended up calming you down

dogmom

dogmom

I just had one yesterday over the weather. Scary stuff. What ended up calming you down
Honestly, I think being to write about it calmed my down. It did take a couple hours before I actually felt some sort of relief. Do you have any techniques to help you?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I've been trying a new technique... having fun with my family. Weird right. They always seem to help calm me down.