Worrying my self sick about being off sick!!!

Mixxy

Mixxy

Hi guys,

I had a complete meltdown and I’ve been signed off sick from work since early February. I want to get back to work ASAP but I know I’m not well 😔 I’m still waiting for my appt with the mental health team for a med review and a further case review.

They have mentioned that I still have BPD .... which was first diagnosed when I was 16.

I’ve had a “welfare meeting” with my line manager and HR which led me to absolutely break down and the anxiety leading up to it was awful.

I’m panicking and don’t want it to lead me to go back too quick. Has anyone else been in the same situation? How long were you off? How was work with you? Thanks in advance

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I was lucky I worked for an American company and they gave health insurance as a perk of the job. I was often off work with MH probs and finally took a redundancy package but I had been off for 6 years. I don’t think many companies would be that good

Mixxy

Mixxy

Just to make me feel even better my line manager contacted me today to inform me my sick pay is being halved as of April 22nd. So now I’m in absolute bits and my anxiety is sky high and I feel I would be better off not here anymore. I cannot deal with anymore stress.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Oh mixxy you don’t need this on top of not feeling well, but different companies have different sickness times. Can you claim any benefits on top of your sick pay to make it easier for you to manage. I do appreciate it takes some time to sort this out but it may be worthwhile looking into. And also check how long your company will pay you sick pay for.

Mixxy

Mixxy

Oh mixxy you don’t need this on top of not feeling well, but different companies have different sickness times. Can you claim any benefits on top of your sick pay to make it easier for you to manage. I do appreciate it takes some time to sort this out but it may be worthwhile looking into. And also check how long your company will pay you sick pay for.
I don’t qualify for anything as my OH works. I feel like a let down for him and my Illness is going to cause him further issues. I don’t want to lose him ☹️ I’m no good to anyone

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I don’t qualify for anything as my OH works. I feel like a let down for him and my Illness is going to cause him further issues. I don’t want to lose him ☹️ I’m no good to anyone
You are not a let down for anyone. You just going thru a bad phase and I’m sure your husband understands that you are struggling. Explain to him how worried you are. If you owe money on cards etc I advise you get in touch with anyone you owe money to and explain your on sick. Most reputable companies can give you what’s called a ‘holiday period’ as long as your payment history is good, and then work out a payment plan for you. Those things can go on hold but you need to keep up with the important things like rent.

It’s important that you get you health back . I know the temptation is to say sod it and go back to work, but you may find that in a couple of months your off sick again and off for even longer if you do that.

S

Sueof5

I understand how you feel. I've been off work since 20/2/19 and am signed off for the next 6 weeks. The thought of returning scares me to bits but the guilt & shame at letting my husband & colleagues down is also causing me an issue.

Mixxy

Mixxy

Thankyou daffy, thats what I don’t want to do... go back too soon and end up off again. That’s what I did before being signed off by the doc. I think my OH is becoming very frustrated with me and it just causes me to cry and withdraw in to myself.

Sueof5, it’s awful isn’t it 😔 I just wish work would understand I’m really struggling and back off, just a tiny bit