• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Worrying for risking to transmit the virus.

E

Erudinam

My father and brother and me share a house. There was a bottle of water which was half full. I took it with me in my room. I was in bed and wanted water. I wanted to drink from that bottle but what if my brother drunk from it directly? What if my brother had the covid virus (even though he seems healthy) and I would be transmiting it when going for a walk? I was afraid that Gods will punish me if I would be transmiting the virus just, because I did not want to get an other new battle. I was a little anxious and I labeled it as my ocd talking. So, I just drunk water from the half used bottle. Something did not fit right with me. Also, I was bored to get an other bottle. My brother seems healthy. I now, worry that maybe Gods punished me for putting other people in danger by risking to be infected by covid, by drinking from a bottle that my brother MAY have drunk directly. Should I have taken an other bottle? I was thinking if I should get an other bottle but due to an other ocd reason and lazyness, I decided to drink the half full bottle without knowing if my brother drunk directly from it. My brother seems healthty and probably, does not have covid. Did I do something wrong?

D

Doingmybest1996

Hi,

This is 1000% your OCD. You did nothing wrong. He has no symptoms of COVID so do not worry, you know you would not have drunk from it if he had symptoms.

It is your OCD playing tricks on you!

S

Started 1976

Never mind did you do something wrong.Stop trying to be perfect!!You are not thinking normally!
The most important thing you need to do is"KEEP YOUR FEET FIRMLY PLANTED IN REALITY"
You need to seek help!!

S

Started 1976

As Doingmybest1996 says it is 1000% your OCD.Your OCD IS PLAYING TRICKS ON YOU!