Worrying constantly/need advice

E

Ella12345

I worry about everything... literally everything. Every interaction I have with someone and try and read into every possible reaction or attitude they give me. I am a huge people pleaser, and the thought of me loosing a best friend to someone else or them not wanting to be my friend honestly makes me sick to my stomach! Or even at work if I do something wrong I will keep kicking myself even though it could be fixed but I always seem to focus on the negative side.

I am best friends with someone and we tell each other a lot, however their moods can change so so quickly one second happy then moody and I never know if it’s me that’s done something to affect them. I constantly ask for reassurance and it’s so irritating as I don’t want them to get fed up with me and not want to be my friend. I get worry if they ignore my message or if they give me a grumpy answer I will immediately go into thinking what I could have possibly done wrong. My brain won’t ever give me a break I will be worrying for ages wondering what I have done even though it might not have anything to do with me, my body and brain will tell me yes it is.

I really don’t know if anyone else deals with something like this but it is honestly making me so so unwell, is there anything anyone can recommend to me to help me not over think things or constantly keep asking for reassurance? Or if someone’s been or going through this how are they dealing with it!

Any suggestions or help is help!!
Thank you!!

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome to the MH forums. Hopefully we can give you some useful advice on how to cope with anxious and intrusive thoughts.

To begin, I suggest you have a read of the stickied post at the top of this forum about unhelpful thoughts. Each of us struggling with anxiety must learn to cope with our thoughts in order to prevent them from sailing us over an emotional waterfall. We all deal with these distorted thoughts, you're not alone.

It isn't possible to make thoughts go away but we can learn to self-soothe, which makes us less reliant on others to calm our fears.

The information in that post will help you understand the kinds of distorted thoughts we experience due to anxiety. Please let us know what you think is helpful and if we can relate some personal stories/examples about how we cope with our fears daily.