• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Worry-Anxiety-Trapped

P

Platon

Hello all,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post, but perhaps someone can help. I am a single mature student who lives with their elderly father. He has multiple medical conditions including diabetes and had his third heart attack three days ago. I have some medical problems myself. This has included severe anxiety and I am paying for sessions with a psychologist and desperately want to resolve the issue. The trouble is all health providers take it for granted that I am on hand to see to everything, to take my father to appointments, to deal with situations as they arise (this is very disturbing for me -and I have already spent twenty years looking after my mother). The physical and emotional impact on me is usually disregarded. My father's consent is required for any outside help and no social services assessment are being conducted during the pandemic in any case. Any suggestions?

Foxjo

Foxjo

I'm sorry to hear that you are trapped. Covid-19 is making peoples lives much harder.
Your anxiety too is expected with all that you are coping with.
Can you not get some additional help from the doctors regarding dad? They may just take it for granted that you will look after him. They may not know you are struggling so much.

Sash1

Sash1

Have you tried your local carer centre..they are there for you as much as the person you are caring for..

They were fantastic support for me when I was caring for an elderly family member..
They have loads of online support, and can point in the right direction for financial help also..
You may even quality for Carers Allowance..
Worth taking a look..
Also, speak to your GP for yourself, you have to think of your health too....:hug:

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L chronically depressed feeling total sadness and worry. Depression Forum 5
Oceankeeping Ruining my life because of all the worry Depression Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia worry about benefits making me suicidal Depression Forum 6
A Anyone else worry about going back to work? Depression Forum 2
chazxxx extremely long novel . almost a biography. don't worry I wouldn't read it either. Depression Forum 2
Ruby88 People who worry about my wellbeing... Depression Forum 1
dodo777 Worry,worry,worry. Depression Forum 1
R It's not working... Depression and anxiety need help Depression Forum 20
H Drowning in anxiety and feeling incapable as a human being Depression Forum 31
L Acute anxiety & Moderate/Severe Depression Depression Forum 17
O Chronic Depression & Anxiety now leading to physical problems! Depression Forum 10
A Depression and anxiety Depression Forum 5
M Can I take Wellbutrin or Bupropion if I have social anxiety? Depression Forum 2
F Depression or maybe anxiety... looking to control it before it gets worse Depression Forum 8
J Anxiety stress th usual combo Depression Forum 2
whyme88 Overthinking/anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 11
C Depression... and anxiety? Depression Forum 13
S anxiety and depression, does it ever end?? Depression Forum 6
whyme88 Anxiety leading to depression? Depression Forum 7
W My Partner Suffers from Depression & Anxiety Depression Forum 6
LostNorthernStar Physical Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety? Depression Forum 12
A What is your bigger struggle, depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 53
E Anxiety Depression Forum 4
D Why do I seemingly not want to get better? Loneliness, failing university, depression, severe anxiety, and not doing anything about it Depression Forum 7
T Depression and Anxiety - possibly triggered by medication Depression Forum 1
M My dad has now caused me to get anxiety attacks Depression Forum 5
W finally not depressed anymore but anxiety is murdering me Depression Forum 7
Murasakibee Christmas Anxiety *tw* Depression Forum 1
Dais Workbook about anxiety and depression I personally found useful. You may like it too. Depression Forum 2
TylersOutlet24 Depression/Anxiety - never ending emotional rollercoaster you DONT want to be on. Depression Forum 3
H Insomnia and anxiety from starting anti-depressant. Suggestions??? Depression Forum 6
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
TylersOutlet24 How I experience Depression/Anxiety and coping mechanisms to help. Depression Forum 2
Mrs Tiggywinkle Nutrition for depression and anxiety......very good video. 🙂 Depression Forum 3
J Depression with Anxiety Depression Forum 10
Jam1990 Do medications really work for depression/anxiety Depression Forum 24
L Effects of anxiety and depression? Depression Forum 2
L Relocation Anxiety/ Depression Depression Forum 6
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
D Depressed because of social anxiety, thinking about suicide to escape the feelings Depression Forum 8
bluestar ocean I've never had depression or anxiety until the last three weeks. There is no threat it's perceived not real Depression Forum 4
G Anxiety bipolar Depression Forum 5
T Possible anxiety/depression? Depression Forum 1
Bluebox11 Anxiety and feeling on edge Depression Forum 10
G My social anxiety makes me seem rude Depression Forum 8
L Job Worries Anxiety Depression Forum 4
C Fear of anxiety-induced depression Depression Forum 6
T Tips for people in financial anxiety Depression Forum 1
B Sports and depression / anxiety Depression Forum 3