• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worry about surgery

P

Phil10

Seeing the news talk of cataract surgery my fear if when I am old I need some sort of surgery it freaks me out I have horrible visions of them working away at me whilst I am awake anybody else have this worry? Does everybody need cataract? I am sure my dad had it maybe I could catch it?

Mal84

Mal84

I’m absolutely petrified of having any kind of surgery. I have a small cyst on one of my ovaries and I’m petrified that’s it’s going to grow and I’m going to need surgery.

Luckily I’ve never had one.

P

Purpleplum

I don't have this worry but i can tell you that i have known people who've had this surgery and they thought it was the best thing in the world...they didnt even need contacts or glasses anymore after that.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Ive had cataract surgery and the fear is much worse that the operation . You are awake but they put drops in the eyes so you dont feel anything . It’s easier than going to the dentist and less painful and probably takes less time. Are you waiting catatrat surgery is that why you ask

P

Phil10

I am also worried about dying of some horrible death. When I feel anxious I worry I will suddenly die or something anybody else had this anxiety?

P

Phil10

Ive had cataract surgery and the fear is much worse that the operation . You are awake but they put drops in the eyes so you dont feel anything . It’s easier than going to the dentist and less painful and probably takes less time. Are you waiting catatrat surgery is that why you ask
Would you have to be awake to get it done that seems awful?

JessisMe

JessisMe

My father and grandmother both had great experiences with the cataract procedure as well as the outcome. It has greatly enhanced their quality of life. xo, j