• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Worried

I

i_am_me

I know what I do is self harm but I still don't really consider it to be that. There's no blood and the mark isn't as permanent. I don't feel like a true self harmer but people's reactions to the marks say something different. I think about doing it a lot of the time, and when I'm really low I wonder about how many pills it would take to overdose and things. I feel like no-one would understand what is going on in my mind. Sometimes I just feel so alone :low:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jeanieh

Former member
I know what you mean. It seems sometimes that any pain is good eniugh. Sometimes it needs to be more severe.

I have only realised since posting on this forum that i have had various methods of self harm since i was about nine. Some i dobt think others would register. Some they would. Or maybe they always did. I think self harm is anything that is damaging to yourself to prevent or because you cant deal with something. And i think that although others may judge whether you are or not its your feelings that matter, the way you cope with stuff and that people should be tgere without judgement for when or if you need them. Maybe people who can see the marks, although they arent bleeding etc see it as self harm because they care and can see any emotional turmoil you are in. Maybe they are people to talk to?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Crusher

hey please don't feel alone hugs though understand i often feel alone are you under any mental health team
kkeep posting xx

I

i_am_me

Thank you, it is nice to know I'm not the only one to feel this way. I haven't ever gone to get help for it. xx