• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Worried

soul searching

soul searching

I've been waiting forever for my first appointment. Now, it's only 2 weeks away! I've been excited to finally get on an anti-psychotic and banish my voice(haha). Then I read that the best outcomes occur the sooner you are treated. Well, I've been schizophrenic for 30 or probably 40 years. What's my outcome looking like? Also, worried that the meds might make me sick or zombied out. And, I'm worried that my voice is going to give me a lot of pain when I start taking them, because of course it doesn't like me going on meds. Worry, worry, worry. I'll just have to try to stay positive.

Ras

Ras

just going to say this and hopefully it wont make you worry more but seems like you are putting a lot of faith in those meds to banish the voices and while some people are lucky enough for that to happen, other people myself included still hear voices while being on meds.
I think you should be prepared for that. there is also the side effects that can happen but if anything happens to you like that, make sure you let them know right away and make them either lower the dose or get you on another type of antipsychotic. Most people go through several types before they find the best fit for them. Its a long process of finding the right meds and dosage.
You will be fine though just dont set your hopes up too high and try not to worry about it, again you will be all good

EdEd

EdEd

I agree with @Ras , I think the best thing you can hope for is improvements.. and not to put all your hopes into banishing them entirely.. medicine works very well for some people , and in other people not so well.. so , with that being said , I hope that the medicine banishes the voices completely for you.

L

Lab rat

I've been waiting forever for my first appointment. Now, it's only 2 weeks away! I've been excited to finally get on an anti-psychotic and banish my voice(haha). Then I read that the best outcomes occur the sooner you are treated. Well, I've been schizophrenic for 30 or probably 40 years. What's my outcome looking like? Also, worried that the meds might make me sick or zombied out. And, I'm worried that my voice is going to give me a lot of pain when I start taking them, because of course it doesn't like me going on meds. Worry, worry, worry. I'll just have to try to stay positive.
The pills may or may not be a magic cure, there’s only one way to tell. I have been on all, if not, most of them, and not one has been successful. I hope your story is different. They probably will make you nauseous and zombiefied, not all of them do. But all come with side effects of some kind. I wish you the best pal. It’s always nice to hear a good story, it gives hope to us all

S

salim

If you want to get rid of anxiety, you have to place a folded piece of cloth several times on your chest, and stick it there, you will feel calm and the anxiety will be gone.

S

salim

So that it covers the entire chest area.

Cabra

Cabra

You have gone that many years without meds, why now? Just saying I was functional my whole life, got forced antipsychotics the moment I got a diagnosis because I was fine, moving on with my life. As soon as they gave me those drugs my life collapsed, there was no enjoyment, boredom, loss of emotions and feelings, a constant severe tension, anxiety and dread. They made me severely ill and incapacitated. Since I have been off them I have been researching the pharmacology of antipsychotics, particularly abilify and these effects are in keeping with blocking d2 and d3 receptors.