• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Worried mostly...

E

English Electric

I am very confused about who and what I am. I am fearful for at least some of my day, everyday. Sometimes this can escalate into a full on despairing session unable to think and get on.

This is usually to do with a potential loss of job, my finances, the impact of my finances on my daughter, lack of support when I am older, my inability to work at my current job for the length of time I am likely expected to do so, dying alone, my lack of understanding of modern life, my ability to remain upto speed using technology...among other things ;-)

The problem I have is that my life is likely to get worse with the financial provlem escalating and my ability to earn diminishing. The worries I have are real and rational.

I just dont want to worry as much as I do as it is tiring and will ruin my daughters chances. She doesnt deserve to suffer.

A

Aurelius

English Electric I am sorry things seem so desperate. Your worries and fears are so real and rational, especially living here in the UK at present. Is there no one you can turn to for support in your family or for support where you work?

E

English Electric

English Electric I am sorry things seem so desperate. Your worries and fears are so real and rational, especially living here in the UK at present. Is there no one you can turn to for support in your family or for support where you work?
Thank you Aurelius. The UK presently is a strange place to be. Growing up in the 90s it seemed that there was hope and perhaps a better life could be achieved if you were of humble means. Now it seems if you are not an entrepreneaur or have a "passion" or whatever bs is spouted, you are a loser. And I feel like one.

Sadly, i moved away from family over a decade ago and this was the worst mistake i made. I am still in contact and love my family very much but am unable to see them regularly (exaserbated by covid). I have have no friends where I live, all my true friends being at home or dispersed further away.

Sadly, work is hierachical not only in terms of official structure but the "in crowd" and the "outsiders". There is little support for folk who struggle unfortunately. Those who speak up are ostricised and soon move on (constructively outed).

Debt will remain for the rest of my natural life amd my prosepects of a happy retirement are virtually zero. As a working class lad, retirement was the goal. Now we are hoodwinked into thinking meaning can come from work. If work isnt your religion you are a loser.