• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worried I'll be diagnosed with BPD

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

I'm seeing my GP again tomorrow and hopefully I'll be able to ask for my appointment with the clinical psychologist moved to a much closer date (I was told I would get an appointment within 4-8 weeks).

I'm really scared that I'll get diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. My head always feels like such a crazy disturbed mess, and I can't help thinking that BPD is the real cause.

I know all mental disorders are terrible and stigmatised, but I'm especially worried about being BPD. There's such a heavy stigma surrounding this disorder, even mental health professionals don't want to go near them!

Everybody online talks about what selfish, horrible, childish evil people we are and nobody can stand being around Borderlines.
When I look up help websites for BPD most of them seem to be websites offering help and advice to victims of being in a relationship with a Borderline, rather than helping the BPD sufferers themselves.

It's like Boderlines are the scum of the MH world, and the prospect of being labeled as such terrifies me. I won't be able to tell any of my family because I'll be so ashamed.

I know I'm being whiny and stupid and babyish about this, but its really upsetting me. :(

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

I'm already ashamed I made this thread. It's hurtful and offensive to the BPD sufferers on this forum.

I want the mods or whoever to take it down.

I'm really sorry everyone. :low:

C

clairelouise

Hi I'm diagnosed with bpd and I don't and have never had any mental health professional treat me unkindly or refused to work with me. I have been extremely lucky with my care coordinator, gp and psychologist.
Please keep an open mind that even if you are diagnosed as having bpd, you may also have positive experiences. We are not always treated as our symptoms sguest but are more than just our diagnosis.
I wish you well with your journey x

G

greatfulmomoftwo

I was just diagnosed and had the exact same feelings so you not alone. My therapist is so wonderful. She reminded me that it's a diagnosis that can be fixed and has hope to. With the use of DBT one can overcome it.

B

broken1

Awww blueberry...hugs hon! I have been treated very well by medical staff. I was totally unaware of BPD until I was diagnosed six years ago. Only my immediate family know but that's ok. It helps me to have someone who knows how it feels . Reason I am here.😃 Hang in there.

M

missymarie5

I feel exactly the same everything seems to add up to this ..no sense of identity is a huge problem for me and i dont think ur selfish ..this is a mental health forum and u are asking for advice. I really feel confused about it all mysepf and keep.getting diagnosed with anxiety although i believe this is the real cause of everything tht going on in my head.hope u get sorted Nd find out for sure sso u can get the proper help and move forward thts wat i intend to do..feeling very ignored at the moment x

Unique1

Unique1

Ditto

Same here. I'm due to go to be diagnosed , I think I may be diagnosed with BPD too.

I feel there is a good side to being diagnosed if I am, that is, I think once I iniw I will really start recovery..as hopefully I will be signposted to the correct help. I probably won't tell many people, too hard to trust people, I have lived for a long time knowing something isn't right,nit will also be a kinda relief to know. I have lots of fears of it too, so understand.
I wish you well x