• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worried any advice

• Thread starter Alwaysanxious21
  • Start date
A

Alwaysanxious21

So I’ve got a dental appointment this week and I’m really worried about going because I’m scared of the coronavirus my anxiety is high has anyone got any advice or also been to appointments if so how did it go just really need some advice as I’m so worried

T

TearyEyedx

I suffer from TMJ pain in my jaw and during lockdown, it was getting very sore because of stress and I was grinding my teeth. I held out going to the dentist because of lockdown fears but I had to do it because I couldn’t deal with it.
The place was locked, you had to phone before arrival and two persons were allowed in the practice at the same time. It was a bit weird as I wasn’t used to that eerie lonely feeling. We were buzzed in and had to sign in at the reception as normal and then use sanitizer before going to take a seat. My mom usually comes into the room with me but because of coronavirus she wasn’t allowed. It was only me, the dental assistant and the dentist allowed. My mom watched from the door, two metres apart and so was the dental assistant. They wore visar things over their faces so they had no way of passing it onto me. I was at ease because of this and I felt much better about the situation I had never experienced before. They did their job and I was also prescribed anxiety medication to help me.
please don’t worry about it, it’s the thinking about it that’s the worst, not the actual experience. I had gotten myself worked up over nothing really. It was a massive relief in the end. M
Sharing this so you aren’t scared.

T

TearyEyedx

Phone in advance and tell them your concerns, they won’t judge you. You’ll be fine ❤

Talina

Talina

I haven’t been to the dentist but I’ve been to the health center 3 times during covid-19 and the vet at least 5 times.

The times at the health center I only saw 3 civial people the rest was nurses and doctors, I was going to meet. Compared how it usually was I was chock because it felt so empty. While at the vet, I only met the vet. The trip to the vet was way worse than being at the vet. They had restrictions and recommendations to make sure it was safe.

At the health center they keep distance and use protective clothes like visar and mouth guard, so it feel safe. But you can call in and see what measurement they use, it can help calming yourself a bit. In my opinion many avoid the health center and dentist, so compared with other places I feel it’s a bit safer. Specially when I compare it to other places. The dentist and doctors always disinfect the tools, chairs and keep a good hygiene between meet ups 😊

At my place any sign of symptoms and you aren’t allowed into the health center. Because they ask questions before you go into the health center. It was the same at the vet, they stopped you before you go in and have a certain amount that can go into the vet or health center. They had the same rules for the dentist.

A

Alwaysanxious21

I suffer from TMJ pain in my jaw and during lockdown, it was getting very sore because of stress and I was grinding my teeth. I held out going to the dentist because of lockdown fears but I had to do it because I couldn’t deal with it.
The place was locked, you had to phone before arrival and two persons were allowed in the practice at the same time. It was a bit weird as I wasn’t used to that eerie lonely feeling. We were buzzed in and had to sign in at the reception as normal and then use sanitizer before going to take a seat. My mom usually comes into the room with me but because of coronavirus she wasn’t allowed. It was only me, the dental assistant and the dentist allowed. My mom watched from the door, two metres apart and so was the dental assistant. They wore visar things over their faces so they had no way of passing it onto me. I was at ease because of this and I felt much better about the situation I had never experienced before. They did their job and I was also prescribed anxiety medication to help me.
please don’t worry about it, it’s the thinking about it that’s the worst, not the actual experience. I had gotten myself worked up over nothing really. It was a massive relief in the end. M
Sharing this so you aren’t scared.
Thank you for sharing that’s good to know hopefully it will go ok but thanks it helps to hear

A

Alwaysanxious21

I haven’t been to the dentist but I’ve been to the health center 3 times during covid-19 and the vet at least 5 times.

The times at the health center I only saw 3 civial people the rest was nurses and doctors, I was going to meet. Compared how it usually was I was chock because it felt so empty. While at the vet, I only met the vet. The trip to the vet was way worse than being at the vet. They had restrictions and recommendations to make sure it was safe.

At the health center they keep distance and use protective clothes like visar and mouth guard, so it feel safe. But you can call in and see what measurement they use, it can help calming yourself a bit. In my opinion many avoid the health center and dentist, so compared with other places I feel it’s a bit safer. Specially when I compare it to other places. The dentist and doctors always disinfect the tools, chairs and keep a good hygiene between meet ups 😊

At my place any sign of symptoms and you aren’t allowed into the health center. Because they ask questions before you go into the health center. It was the same at the vet, they stopped you before you go in and have a certain amount that can go into the vet or health center. They had the same rules for the dentist.
Thanks for sharing will ring up and thanks so much

P

Prycejosh1987

So I’ve got a dental appointment this week and I’m really worried about going because I’m scared of the coronavirus my anxiety is high has anyone got any advice or also been to appointments if so how did it go just really need some advice as I’m so worried
Just follow the governments advice, and see doctor if your unsure about anything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Anxiety Forum 18
R Anxiety Forum 10
I Anxiety Forum 14
K Anxiety Forum 3
A Anxiety Forum 17